Thompson, did you miss this?

Maybe in you're little hell hole. It i *not* universal, even though you state it as if it were. IOW, you still don't have a clue.

Reply to
krw

I believe that the reason for the decline of the overall rate of
violence here, in the US, is because criminals are slowly coming to
the realization that, in the US, the general population is legally and
responsibly arming and training itself to be independent of the
idiotic vagaries of law enforcement and, instead of kow-towing to the
911 message, "Hide until law enforcent gets there in the next 15
minutes or so." take matters into their own hands and neutralize the
immediate threat and guarantee their survival.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

Oh. That explains why the violent crime rate vs. time curve so exactly matches the lead in the environment curve, just with a 15 or 20 year delay.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested

Burglaries in my neighborhood: ZERO; Violent crimes: ZERO; Households Armed: 100%; Pick-em-up trucks: At least one per household, usually

2-3 >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Males aged 16-25: zero. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Lose the smiley. The demographics shift (the "Aging of America") is a real thing, and AFAICT a Damn Good Thing.

Children should be seen, but not armed.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

arizona-rank-among-americas-most-violent-states/87747274/

You sound like Louis XV: "Apres moi, le deluge!"

Of course, you were never young yourself.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There are some married early 20's types in my neighborhood... carpenters, electricians, plumbers.

This is a neighborhood of craftsmen.

Children, either pre-school, or in high school, nothing much in between.

And a handful of retirees, like me ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Crap! My 9-year-old grandson can out-shoot you ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

My mother-in-law-to-be always opined that I was 80 going on 18 ;-)

Now I'm just three years away... ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Sounds like gobbledygook to me since you haven't even defined what you
mean by the "environment curve" or the timing.

More to the point; if you had your druthers, would you breed bees with
no stingers?

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--- I'm just a year away from being an octogenerian and, while my political stance is just a little to the right of Atilla's, my heart breaks for the people who have fallen prey to the hypnotism of the left, which advocates murder and suicide.

John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Indeed! It's a shame that some people can be so stupid. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Bees with no stingers? Isn't that like liberals with no pricks ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

That was lead, not lead...

Or to put it in a more understandable format, Pb, and not advance timing.

Or, at least, that's how I interpreted it.

Reply to
Ralph Barone

No. It's not unusual for a bee to have a stinger.

Reply to
krw

Okay, kids without responsible parents.

And let's wait until after the gas bubble from my retinal detachment surgery finally goes away and I get the lens replaced. Then we can see about who can outshoot who.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

The left that advocates murder and suicide would seem to be a movement inve nted by John Fields. None of the left-of-centre newspapers to which I've ev er subscribed to has ever talked about a left-wing political movement that advocated either.

The communists - who liked to present themselves as a left-wing political m ovement - did execute a lot of people with what strikes me as inadequate ju stification, but that matches what they really were, which is to say one mo re protection racket.

Suicide doesn't seem to have any advocates. The left wing seems to treat it as mental health problem, where universal health care might help a bit.

Quite what John Fields has managed to misunderstand to give him the impress ion that any version of left-wing politics advocates either murder or suici de escapes me. He's not good at parsing complex sentences, and doesn't seem to read much, but it might be Fox News.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Anybody stupid enough to think that any left wing political movement advocates murder or suicide has to be monumentally ill-informed. Jim might have been using irony, but he's ill-informed enough that he could also have been sincere.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But only an irresponsible idiot would run the risk of letting him prove it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to