the well-dressed engineer

Don't your legs get cold? That looks uncomfortable, at least in our climate. Around here, we say "Wow, she looks great in a parka."

Mo calls heels "catchme****me" shoes.

The Hollywood/beauty queen/cheerleader look is weird. They all look alike. Big heads, big breasts, big butts, globbed-on makeup, lipstick, not a hint of personality. I guess some people like that look, or people wouldn't bother to do it.

Trans females (biological men) do those things to extremes.

Bebe, our hair-stylist lady, only has glamour-type mags, so I skim them if I forget to bring a book. I donated a bunch of car mags and some Aviation Week mags, but they disappered rapidly.

There are skirts and skirts. In cold weather there is nothing nicer than a great long floor-sweeper with a couple of warm underskirts. You walk around in your own bubble of warm air. Feet and ankles may get a little colder than in trousers, but the mid and upper legs are a lot warmer. Curl up on a sofa and your feet get warm too.

When working on a lathe, there are no exposed moving parts below waist level so it is safe to wear a long skirt - which keeps the swarf out of your socks and shoes.

[...]

Those are the ones you notice, but the ones that dress and behave sensibly don't get noticed. There is a comparison here with teenage girls: they can wear makeup and revealing clothes for the first time in their lives, so they go a bit too far. Then they find out what suits them and settle down to be just ordinary women.

Some men have strange ideas about what it means to be a woman and think feminity is all about glamour, sexiness or extreme effeminate behaviour. They get mixed up with transwomen (in their own minds too) but usually don't ever transition.

Reply to
Liz Tuddenham
<snip>

Perhaps more than Don Y thinks. Men can get breast cancer.

It's rare, but it does happen.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

I haven't worn a suit or tie in 20 years, and that was for a funeral. Due to the damage to my legs, I haven' worn pants in over 15 years, so it is a pair of shorts, and a tee shirt. I got into yhe habit of wearing bright colored tee shirts when I worked at Microdyne, because my supervisor would complain that he couldn't find me. Then everyone would tell him, "He's been at his bench for hours." If I was going to the stock room for parts, or to the restroom, I was also noticed. (I was an undiagnosed Diabetic, and had to pee quite often during my last year there.)

Reply to
Michael Terrell

I'm not sure what you are getting at here; I've never seen the behaviour you describe but it doesn't seem to be anything to do with transgender - more like exhibitionism.

I know many transwomen: they are bus drivers, photographers, biologists, programmers, medical professionals, journalists, lawyers, engineers, etc. They get on with their lives in exactly the same way other women do in the same jobs. In their leisure time they go shopping, join Bridge clubs, play in jazz bands, help at the Women's Institute, restore canals etc. They just want to be left to get on with their lives in peace.

I can only think of two who have ever attended a Pride event and one of those was the official photographer. Most of them would never want to flaunt themselves in public; several of them transitioned many years ago and their friends and colleagues never think of them as anything other than women.

As I mentioned before, it's the noisy or inappropriate exhibitionists, who may not even be trans, who get themselves noticed.

Reply to
Liz Tuddenham

Physical/visual attractiverness is wired into our biology. We can handle it politely. Schools should teach kids how to behave in that respect.

Now, with Zoom and working from home, the question is are they even wearing PANTS?

Reply to
Flyguy

But is it a question worth asking? The fact that it is Sewage Sweeper who is bothering to ask it is something of a clue.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman