[OT?] UV resistant Zip Ties

Can anyone name a brand and source? OT as I'm using them for insulation over plumbing, but figured it might have been a problem someone here had solved across before.

T.I.A.

Reply to
terryc

"terryc"

** Farnell (aka Element 14) have a range of UV safe ties.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I thought all the black ties were UV resistant, I could be wrong.

Reply to
Dennis

you are correct

--
Reply to
atec77

Sadly not.

Reply to
terryc

You could use stainless steel ties, although expensive in comparison and you need the correct tool to do the job properly and neatly (also pricey of course).

James

Reply to
James

Burndy. Ty-Rap. etc. Available at any electrical wholesalers along with plenty of advice and samples.

Reply to
Metro

ight

They are.

I have in the past used them outdoors, but after a few years they do fail. This does not appear to be from UV though as they aren't brittle or powdery (typical of UV damage), they just seem to cleanly break and fall off.

The ones in question were the standard ones from WES. No data is available.

As mentioned in other posts, checking out Farnell, RS, Haymans , and getting ones specifically for outdoors (or whatever use you have in mind) would be a good idea. Plumbing suppliers might have a specific product for your exact purpose.

UV damage to white ties seems to be in the form of them going brittle

- usually going brown. You disturb them and they fall apart.

Reply to
kreed

Easier and far cheaper just to use a strip of wire.

Reply to
terryc