XR2206 ic vs normal func. gen

Hi,

The sine waves in my XR2206 IC function generator started at 3 volts and varied from there to 5 volts and 1 volt.

In ordinary function generator equipment. Is the sine wave at 0 volts and rising/falling from it or does it also start at higher voltage as base?

Lory

Reply to
Lory

My function generator allows me to offset the signal by a variable amount, both pos. & neg. I think it may be based on the XR2206, but I'm not certain.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

It depends on whether the designer made it one or the other. If the output is couple with a capacitor there is no DC offset, so the sine wave varies around 0V. If a DC offset is superimposed then the output will vary around that.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

----------- Put it through an inline capacitor and it will be referenced to 0 as long as it is a sine and is buffered by an amp after it. Then you can add an op-amp adder stage to add any DC offset to it that you wish.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!