This made me think of Genome

dunno why though

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Me neither. Has it got something to do with the time I tried to make a condom using spray on carpet adhesive?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Both of these might quality one for a non-lethal Darwin Award. IOW, removing one's genes from the pool without having to take ones life.

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Dammit, you don't need condoms, we need more people like you.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

apostrophy alert......

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

BZZZZZT! No. "One's" is right, since "one" is not a pronoun - it's an actual noun. It's like saying, "Martin's", or "Rich's".

And BZZZZZT! It's "apostrophe".

--
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief,
Apostrophe Police

In some places it's "some fella's genes".

Some folks would say aipoustrophee. Archie Bunker probably would have said apostery.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

====

You missed the second one.

Reply to
Nobody

AAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, what's my penance?

Thanks,

--
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief,
Apostrophe Police
Reply to
Apostrophe Police

Apostrophe Police snipped-for-privacy@example.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Ah, but it (one) actually is in this use. Maybe you need a better dictionary. See also oneself.

Reply to
JosephKK

I hedged my bet by punctuating it both ways. ;-)

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
The blinking cursor writes; and having writ, blinks on.

Oop's, I thought that "apostrophe" was somebody who works in a church.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Wasn't there a movie? "Apostrophe Now!"