Fourier Transform (Spectrum) of QPSK and BPSK?

Hi All,

Does anyone have a mathematical derivation of the expected spectrum of a QPSK signal, given a known symbol rate (which is 1/2 the data rate for QPSK)?

The signal i am measuring doesn't have any sideband carrier suppression at all, which is supposed to be a figure of merit for phase and amplitude imbalance of your IQ mixer (how orthogonal or in-quadrature the I and Q channels are).

Thanks for any REAL help (which is Info from someone who isn't pretending to know more than they actually do!).

Slick

Reply to
radio913

The bottom line is I'm trying to measure phase and amplitude imbalance with just a spectrum analyzer, without having to buy an expensive VSA which can display the constellation, and give me EVM, etc.

SLick

Reply to
radio913