The next PIC project

The next PIC project will be a FM stereo transmitter using the BH1415F chip, a FM stereo transmitter, controlled by a PIC 18F14K22, with a 2 line text LCD display for the frequency, and probably as always a RS232 input to set the frequency.

This to beam audio from my big screen TV. BH1415F is an interesting chip, with everything on board, stereo encoder, PLL. Found a small PCB with one on it on ebay, with SPI interface, 2 for ~10 Euro inclusive shipping.

I know there also exist complete boards for this for < 10 Euro, but those were sold out. Writing the PIC software will be interesting, who knows what I will think of..

Just to get my mind of vacuum technology, ultra high voltage technology, cryogenic temperatures, and time warps for a few moments.

Just some simple programming and soldering

What ever will be will be.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

chip,

Euro

think of..

cryogenic

What is your favorite micro with USB device interface?

Reply to
josephkk

hip,

Euro

k of..

cryogenic

Not PIC18

Reply to
wbl

On a sunny day (Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:01:47 -0700 (PDT)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@linnix.com wrote in :

I am not an USB fan. It is nice to have the 5V available for some things, but there is no galvanic isolation, and that makes it troublesome for many applications. Also I am not that familiar with writing USB drivers. I prefer ethernet or a RS232 interface if at all possible. RS232 also has some current available. Waiting for 'lightpeak'.... As to the FM transmitter, just found one for < 5 Euro on ebay:

I may order that one, but I will build the PIC version too. Ebay is amazing, 4 GB mp3 players with FM radio go for < 2 Euro:
and the video version for < 5 Euro:

Makes it very hard to economically design that stuff yourself.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

F c=3D

10 =3D

hin=3D

gy,=3D

I am not either, but the world is. I just deal with it.

Why not, VBUS is 5V and there are 3.3V to 5V charge pump chips available.

I am deep into USB shit for the fan.

Reply to
linnix

BH1415F c=3D

~10 =3D

thin=3D

technology,=3D

Player/280398077029/item

I could do an Ethernet to FM micro music widget instead. Have to figure out how to access CIFS and NFS or add installable software to create the stream. Maybe i can use Icecast or similar. The USB widget has some advantages as it can look like an audio device, no handy support for that on network side that i know of.

Reply to
josephkk