The Greatest Generation?

Some thoughts on the greatest generation?

My thoughts:

They did a lot of great things, but they are sure leaving a lot of turds in the puchbowl on the way out.

( E.g. - probably the most worst generation for pushing an abandonment of individual freedoms in favor of government everything - can't blame that on the under 30's crowd)

Reply to
bulegoge

Wouldn't that be the Boomers? The children of the "greatest generation"? If they are guilty of anything it is of raising a bunch of spoiled punks. I am a boomer myself but I think I missed the spoiling somehow. Ingvald44

Reply to
ingvald44

Of course, the current U.S. administration talks up a storm about less government being better government, but has still restricted individual freedom in pursuit of security, while decreasing regulation on the sources of ecological "turds in the punch-bowl".

Dubbya's crew did less than nothing to slow the progression of anthropogenic global warming - after all they'd have trouble spelling anthropogenic, let alone understanding the science involved - and Dubbya is celebrating his last days in power by gutting the restrictions on dumping mining spill in rivers amongst many other gifts to the extractive industries.

It looks like old-fashioned stupid greed and corruption - nothing specific to the greatest generation (whoever they are).

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman