The flow

[snip]

I'm sure glad you don't design electronics either.

John L, How much energy does it take to continuously behave like a jerk... or do you have some CFL-ness built-in ?:-)

[snip]

your

Damn, John L, You have described yourself to perfection :-) I never thought I'd see the day.

BatSloman

My 93-year-old mother seems to have it or something very like it - in a mild form. My mother-in-law developed the disease when somewhat younger, and it had advanced a lot further by the time she died.

One of my wife's U.K. colleagues detected early signs of Alzheimer's in Regaan's speech erors when Regan was running for his second term. If I'm developing Alzheimer's, it isn't far enough advanced for you to detect.

You may - of course - think you have detected evidence of Alzheimer's in my output, in the same way that you think that you are having original thoughts about evolution. This wouldn't worry me.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

What, can't control your own killfile?

John

crushed, crushed that Jim has transferred his esteem and affections to Sloman...

Nope, No killfiles on the laptop... yet. Once I figure out how to import that you'll be finished. (As usual you didn't answer the actual question :-)

man

Slo=3D

man

he =3D

th=3D

65

ani=3D

ig =3D

9

wa=3D

ive=3D

Don't bother telling us about your deluded opinions. It's no longer useful information - you have established that you are as nutty as a fruit-cake.

n a way).

Humans evolved over the past few milion years, and the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Anybody who argue that humans killed the dinosaurs has got a rater poor grasp of that chronology.

Whose teeth made the marks? And when?

Very wise, granting your feeble grasp of reality.

ble

Sure. It may be a bit hard to develop a faster than light probe ...

Some engineering challenges are better avoided.

The Apollo program had achieved its goals when it ended in 1975

Finding other habitalbe planets wasn't one of those goals.

Science is about getting knowledge. Politics is about getting things done. Neither is a "force" and neither points in any particular direction.

to the moon.

That was some of the motivation

y and technology of Von > Braun) NASA or the US space program became a soci= al project for the technological disabled.

It gave us all sorts of satellites measuring all sorts of interesting things - the GRACE satellites are telling us how much ice is slipping off the Greenland and Antartic ice sheets, and the Hubble space telescope gave us some much better numbers on the age of the the universe and the rate at which it is expanding - but you would not know about any of that.

science to be dropped

The people who use the satellite data are taking part in some rather large scale experiments, but you would not know about any of that.

analytical abilities and we could even see some newer electronics than Baxa= ndal.

Until the experiment comes out the way you hoped. I did invent a new variant of the Baxandall class-D oscillator back in 1986, and I've been running experiments on Spice simulations of the circuit more recently. My program to build real examples of the circuit that I've been simulating - which differs in minor ways from the 1986 crcuits - isn't progressing as fast as I'd like, certainly not as fast as it should - but I may yet build and test a working circuit before Alzheimers actually does set in.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Some greases and oils will spontaneously ignite in a pure O2 atmosphere.

100 buckets of bits on the bus
100 buckets of bits
   You take one down,
   and short it to ground
FF buckets of bits on the bus
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

own

ata we have is not accurate because of changes in the

and-thei...

nd

even..

s=3Dd...

ed, not=3D

any

it

ore

uce

al.

and earth was smaller.

quo,

This is more usually expressed as "who know what they are talking about", but we know exactly what you have in mind, which is "who disagree with me".

en your

That happen to be useful, and may well be right.

Except the one's that turn out to be mistaken.

It doesn't look that way to me, but then I'm not the one who is trying to justify putting up idiotic claims that conflict with the known facts.

Or so Jan Panteltje would like to think.

It does happen, and it is called Alzheimer's or a cerebro-vascular event, depending on the nature of the rewiring. One hopes that it won't.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

rown

data we have is not accurate because of changes in the

-and-thei...

and

even..

ss=3Dd...

My

ned, not=3D

many

o it

f a

more

duce

mal.

e and earth was smaller.

s quo,

ten your

Martin Brown does seem to be more interested in science than electronics, but this is sci.electronics.design and we do have a bias towards the scientific applications of electronics.

That's John Larkin's perception of anybody who happens to disagree with him. His vanity makes it very difficult for him to believe that he's got something wrong, and he prefers to think that people are disagreeing with him to preserve their own egos rather than because they know better.

Martin Brown actually concentrates on presenting the scientific facts, and doesn't spend time speculating about character and motivation, as John Larkin - for one - is prone to do.

The personal insults are more in John perceptions of what is posted than in the objective content, and he's prone to injecting his own personal insults, as in the "Now that's dumb" in the paragraph above, which to tend to add a venomous edge to his comments, and attract equally venomous responses.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

us quo,

aten your

ought

Jim Thompson gets it right for once.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

quo,

your

+1
Reply to
MrTallyman

quo,

your

More often than that... you're just not paying attention. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

quo,

threaten your

(:-) ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

quo,

threaten your

Never thought I"d see Thompson feeding AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

status quo,

threaten your

thought

What's forming here is an alliance of decrepit old farts, sitting in the cheap Senior Discount seats up in the bleachers, repeating old stories, and whining about the players on the field, who are actually running around and doing things, playing the game hard.

Notice the many interesting threads that these ancients have had nothing to say about, have no ideas about, except occasionally to whine and try to deflect the topic off electronics.

Useless old farts, all worked up over climate crisies and honeydoo chores and defending 555 timers and swearing at everybody. Enjoy one another.

John

we have is not accurate because of changes in the

even..

not=

and earth was smaller.

quo,

your

Then discuss electronics. If you remember anything about it.

I get things wrong all the time. But I get things right more often... partly because designing electronics is what I do, partly because I try to check my work before I release it.

I speculate about most everything; that's where ideas come from. You wouldn't understand.

How can you stand being such a tedious, useless old fart?

John

That's why you can never trust a 'greaser'! ;-)

Michael A. Terrell
[snip]
[snip]

Bwahahahahahahaha! I'm laughing so hard I almost threw up.

How can anyone be so stupid and yet so egotistical as John "Know Nothing" Larkin?

Where is this "work" that you check before you release? Still backed up in the queue ?:-)

Has ANYONE seen a Larkin schematic the can be certified as "workable"? ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

the status quo,

that threaten your

aren't

interested in

their

design

objective

never thought

Complaining about your own subgroup, that's ok, it's par for the course.

:-)

Reply to
josephkk

pour