Some classics from the archive

Re-organizing my library, here are suggestions for some old-time classics, from before my age, from the halcyon days of the great kings of old, from the days when America was great or w/e. Also they're all very cheap.

"Electron Tube Circuits", 1950

"Electric Transmission Lines", 1950

"Basic Electronics", US Navy technician training book, 1973

"Probability and Information Theory, with applications for Radar", 1955

"Introduction to Bessel Functions", circa 1960?

Reply to
bitrex

The last one is included for the section on applications which has the derivation of the capacitance formula for a charged circular disk, and derivation of the skin effect in an AC-carrying wire of non-negligible thickness

Reply to
bitrex

thanks for the tip. been meaning to pick up a book on tube circuits. hard to pass up for the price.

Reply to
sea moss

I like the Seely text a lot, it isn't as thorough as say the Radiotron Designer's Handbook but it hits the important bases with all-tube circuit examples: properties/physics of electron tubes, rectifiers, power supplies, untuned small signal amplifiers, power amplifiers, tuned/RF amplifers, feedback theory, oscillators, sweep generators, modulation/demodulation, counters/computer circuits, with some student exercises at the end of each chapter.

Reply to
bitrex

You probably ought to add

Grounding and shielding happens to be vital if you want your circuits to wo rk, and Ralph G. Morrison has a way laying out the fundamentals that impres sed me back around 1967, and still impresses me. He does seem to be someone who has had to teach students, though perhaps not in an academic environme nt.

At least one other shares this opinion

The reference to "black magic" is to Howard Johsnon's diabolical book on de signing layouts for high speed logic, which strikes me as in the E.C.Snelli ng class for confusing students. It would be an anti-classic.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman