The flow

Before the USA even existed. Next question, where are all the biggest = and best built for the last century?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

implausible=20

Reality checking is NOT one of Bill's strong suits.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

we have is not accurate because of changes in the

even..

This just in:

John

ied that the glass

stuff.

few times." (snip)

Reply to
lektric.dan

They don't need to know how to use them provided that the wings offer sufficient air resistance to make falling out of a tree survivable. The terminal velocity for a mouse is sub-lethal for instance.

Insects have been flying around for considerably longer. So even a birdbrain might spot that it was possible. And there was a lot of food on the wing and fruit up in trees once flowering plants had evolved.

If I had to guess at how flight arose in birds I would reckon that flightless birds with sinew powered legs for fighting with powerful muscles concentrated on the breast bone came first.

Powered flight becomes possible once you have the basic musculature and a lightweight framework for the limbs. Though obviously the first bird ever to do it must have been rather shocked at the time.

Flightless birds are not all sitting ducks. An ostrich can easily disembowel a man with a single leg stroke if provoked, whereas by comparison big game predators like lions are pussy cats.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:34:01 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

That song is old, and makes no sense,

Irrelevant,

Really, get a life.

The alternative (one of many) is that life originated in the air, as blobs of living cells floating, some made clever use of that air, evolved to wings, some landed and some even went for the water to live in. That makes a lot more sense from a logic POV. There is some thing abot cell membranes that would support this. And it may have originated (life) from space too. Not all lifeforms of course, some originated, well you are the expert ... ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:13:27 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in :

Thank you Dan, yes the more I read the more careful I become. Was that an all metal dewar or glass?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:03:04 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

have is not accurate because of changes in the

earth was smaller.

The problem with people like you, who have been brainwashed by the status quo, it that you start badmouthing anybody who comes up with ideas that threaten your hardwired rusted burned in concepts. The science is simple: A correct theory expains ALL observations. You cannot, you are just patching, distorting, and wriggling. You are, in your own words:

I assume (LOL) there is no hope at your age for rewiring.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:58:56 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

Some time ago there was this research group who found radioative decay was influenced by the orientation of the experiment in the galactic plane, even relative to the earth rotational axis.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It was all glass. The all metal ones are terribly ineffecient at cryo temps and will quickly build up ice (from atmospheric water/ humidity). Glass is an insulator, the vacuum and silver lining help. Metal is a (heat) conductor, even with vacuum double-walls and polished insides, it's not good enough. We got our LN2 in large metal dewars, I *think* they held 60 gallons. They were set to deliver

250psi, and were frequently vent> On a sunny day (Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:13:27 -0700 (PDT)) it happened
Reply to
lektric.dan

Is that an African or a European mouse?

(From Python's Corollary to Godwin's Law)

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

and

The current record-holder is on La Palma in the Canary Islands.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Tue, 19 Jul 2011 03:47:53 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in :

OK, I just got some all metal 500 ml (I am just going to try a little bit) vacuum flask very cheaply. I have tested it so far with hot water, and it keeps it warm for about 12 hours. Not bad, same as the bigger glass one I have (that I used for liquid air) I think. I did read a report of metal dewars with LOX exploding due to leakage of the LOX through the walls, and then reacting with a gas reducing substance in the vacuum area (would be like what we call 'gatter' in an electron vacuum tube ?). Nothing is 100% certain, my graphics card broke down last night (on 24/7), picture all messed up this morning, things happen, using a different PC now, maybe have to buy a new one... Probabilities.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

n Brown

he data we have is not accurate because of changes in the

sta-and-thei...

rs and

res even..

ccess=3Dd...

50My

Jan Panteltje found it first, and I've already reminded him that we've been telling you that the solar system's planetary orbits are chaotic for some years now.

Clearly, this one more item of knowledge that wouldn't fit into your remarkably restricted attention span.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

have is not accurate because of changes in the

not=

earth was smaller.

Actually, the real problem with people like this is that they aren't interested in science or electronics; they are primarily interested in themselves, and in demonstrating their mental superiority. It's their sad defense against being useless.

That's why they argue mostly off-topic stuff, in an electronics design group, and why they constantly inject personal insults into objective discussions. Now that's dumb.

John

man

dat=3D

=3D

cs.

way=3D

s influenced

to the earth

You are probably referring to this work

which implicates galactic neutrinos

and this

which implicates solar neutrino's in messing up a different decay process.

You've yet to show any connection to the K-40 to Ar-40 decay used to date the dinosaur-killing asteroid, and even if this effect did impair the isotope dating process, it wouldn't destroy it's utility in establishing the sequence of events around the asteroid impact, any more than the variations in C-14 dating destroy its utility in archeology.

If everybody is using the same clock, it doesn't matter if the interval between clcok ticks isn't the same from moment to moment if the variation is the same from clock to clock.

This effect may explain why a uranium-to-lead isotope clock didn't give quite the same date for the dinosaur-killing asteroid as the regular K-40-to-Ar-40 clock.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:08:30 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

First I am not at all sure it was an asteroid, or better THAT asteroid that killed the dinos. Some argue it was humans, as dinos were dead slow (long reaction time, seconds between a pinch in the tail and the head knowing, due to propagation speed of the nerve signals, so easy to catch or hunt in a way). They just found a skeleton with teeth marks deep into the tail. But sure an asteroid (or more than one) landed on earth, and probably caused changes, even big changes. How reliable radioactive dating is I dunno, but I would not bet on it. What I think we should do, and should have done, is look for other habitable planets with a faster than light probe. Yes and put some people in it, it is merely an engineering challenge. But instead NASA scrapped its apollos. Politics and science, to opposite forces that only seem to point in the same direction in case of total disaster or war. It was the East West tension that got US to support Von Braun to get to the moon. With that driving force gone (the tension for the politics, and the sanity and technology of Von Braun) NASA or the US space program became a social project for the technological disabled. We probably need a same sort of event or situation for the current pseudo science to be dropped and replaced with people with guts who actually DO experiments. May I recommend to you that you do some experiments, it improves on your analytical abilities and we could even see some newer electronics than Baxandal. ;-) It also makes one humble.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:07:45 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill the Bat Sloman wrote in :

Sorry bout your Alzheimer.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

vacuum flask

hours.

think.

LOX

vacuum area

picture

I have used a metal thermos flask for storing LN2, and it was pretty good, at least for a couple of days.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

influenced

the earth

See:

I've far too little knowledge on my own to evaluate any of this. And I have no idea just how pronounced the effect actually is -- but it can't be very much. So all I can do is put it out there to add confusion to others just as ignorant as I am about it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan