The continuing saga of cleaning out my lab...

It doesn't matter. there are Heathit collectors wanting any unopened Heathkit and are willing to pay for them.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I GUESS, being someone bid on it within 4 hours of posting the auction. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

But if they collect them and never open them, they're just buying sealed boxes with the kits inside. Seems like a shame not to open them and enjoy them.

I ran across a goy who's selling out his collection of unopened ones, and he had an amateur reciver and transmitter matched pair. I asked him how much he wanted and he wanted $1300 for one and I think $900 for the other. Whew. Too rich for my blood.

--
Yours In Liberty,  Melissa  - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights:  http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Reply to
Melissa

as

Oh wow, like those old plastic sheet phonograph records. How quaint!

--
Yours In Liberty,  Melissa  - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights:  http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Reply to
Melissa

--
It looks like you've stumbled onto a real treasure in that it's a
collector's item, and there are folks who will pay you big bucks for

Good luck!
Reply to
John Fields

like

Hey, I HOPE someone bids $500 for it, but ain't holding my breath.

I think I have another one somewhere too, only an actual kit. An electronic siren, IIRC.

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and buy a warehouse of the stuff, like the $300 linear HF amps that were around back then and are selling for $1600 unopened now. Of course if I had a time machine, I wouldn't need to, I could just play the big Powerball when it's $100 million. :)

--
Yours In Liberty,  Melissa  - Colorado, U.S.A.
http://melissasliberty.blogspot.com/

The last best hope for liberty, to give the world its first Bill of
Rights:  http://www.UPAlliance.org/billofrights.htm
Reply to
Melissa

I just checked a fall 1987 catalog, its a learning course, i have the spanish version, those things come with audio lessons in sheets as thin as paper that played on the turntable!

--
Steve Sousa
Reply to

If you did both, Heath would still be in the kit business. ;)

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Think old unused postage stamps. That's how they see them.

NSM