Finally: the end of the "Scooter Saga"

For those who took the time to assist me with the problems regarding my scooter (if the situation with the acid-free batteries is recalled), I would like to report that during all this time, the batteries were never the problem.

Becoming increasingly perplexed over the situation when the "light indicator" always showed a full battery, and yet, when trying to run the scooter, noticing the "battery low" indicator, I had a friend of mine look at it. It turns out that the problem (all this time) was due to a "crust," and rusted fuse holder. Once this was replaced, the scooter has ran fine; in fact, it runs extremely well with the first set of batteries I bought.

Nothing is really lost, however, as I now own a number (4) sets of batteries.

I am sending this to the group only as a follow-up with regard to this situation as well as a thanks to those who did chime in and assist me.

Mark (near Ocala, Florida)

Reply to
mea305

Great. Oh, well -- it usually turns out the one thing that's causing the problem doesn't show up until the last thing you look at. ;-)

Good luck again, and hoping things start looking up for you soon.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

Don't let the spare batteries sit around unused. Swap them around every month or so, so they all get even use. Unused "secondary" (rechargeable) batteries deteriorate, and you don't want to waste the money you've spent.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida