pic18f4620 programming with a jdm programmer?

chips,

Can this thing to dsPIC?

--
Regards,
   Robert Monsen

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
     - Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon,
        on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.
Reply to
Robert Monsen

The PICALL can do the 18F458 in ICSP, how much different is the 18F4620? (A little hung over today, sorry...) The .ini file is customizable for other chips, as long as the programming method/protocol is the same as the 18F458 it should work. See

Mark Jones

Is there any software out there, ideally freeware, that will program a pic18f4620? I am using icsp (In circuit programming), So i cannot use the low voltage method of programming.

Thanks

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

voltage

(A

chips,

should

I don`t know how much different from the 18f458, however with icprog v1.05d i used all the 18f supported devices but with no luck at all. I manged to find one piece of software that programed the program memory ok, using the jdm programmer, but the config data was completely wrong!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

"Robert Monsen" wrote

18F4620? (A

other chips,

it should

AFAIK, no it can't. I have a picall programmer that I really like. It works very well for me, but I think the creator has plans on not supporting it any more. He recently made the software available for free. It was already free if you had a picall programmer, but the p16pro originally required payment for the software. I had to manually hack at mine to get it to program 16F88 chips, but it does work now. I really like mine, but it's future doesn't look all that great as newer Pics come out. Plus it uses a parallel port.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

heres the awnswer: Found it after a lot of searching:

timmmmayyy!