the Beast has landed

That's a strange limitation. Why not use a larger power supply?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:41:32 -0400 (EDT), bitrex Gave us:

You were obviously NOT watching the events unfold.

It is not "at this point". I have always stated that there WERE WMDs, you retarded POS.

Saddam followed his own wagon train up and out, and only missed the "out" part because the overhead surveillance was stepped up, and only missed that by a single day when we caught him.

WAKE UP.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I can't imagine ever needing to operate 100 relays at once. That would dissipate about 50 watts and probably cave in my wall wart.

The two little LTC switcher bricks are good for 2 amps each. I had one but certain parties persuaded me to add the second one.

Nothing would break if all 271 relays were ordered ON at once, but things could get weird.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Test programs for a tester... the possibilities are endless. Think big. Howzabout a 50V-output Marx generator, with an AA cell for input?

Reply to
whit3rd

The intended design is for multiple N to 1 muxes. So little reason to have more than 1/N relays on at once.

--

Rick
Reply to

Notorious coprophile and dipsomaniac, "DestituteLinuxLoser" doesn't seem to think so.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 00:32:31 -0000 (UTC), Julian Barnes Gave us:

You should eat a lead breakfast. Or maybe get stung by a Polonium bee from the end of an umbrella.

I like the second idea as it means you would suffer greatly.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Absolutely. The test set has to be tested periodically, and the equipment has to be calibrated, or the products aren't properly tested.

So the first serious program that we write will be the test set tester.

It does have a charge pump on the board, but not that ambitious.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 18:29:04 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Nice try, punk.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 18:29:04 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

They WERE seen, you stupid putz.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Very possibly, if they ever existed and went to Syria, but nobody could positively identify what was seen as "weapons of mass destruction". "Crates of something or other" is the likeliest realistic description, even if it is inconveniently vague.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 01:25:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Yet another clueless retard boy, who doesn't even know electronics, inane crack.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 01:25:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Yet another retarded, zero truth (angle) crack from one of the most lame posters to ever post in this group.

A mastiff. A dog who even has more brains than a complete subhuman putz like you does.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

ractive

The whole point is that the people who the Republican Party imagined to be their annointed candidates for the nomination aren't nearly as attractive t o right wing voters as Donald Trump. He regularly contradicts himself, says amazingly stupid things, and is still more attractive than Jeb Bush, Ted C ruz and Marco Rubio.

obody's benefit (except perhaps Haliburton's). Dubbya is in the running for the worst president that the USA has ever had. If you think anything else it's your pants that are down around your ankles.

as a candidate. Republican voters may be silly enough to vote for Trump as a candidate for the presidency, but they weren't silly enough to vote for J eb Bush. Once bitten, twice shy.

I used to think that Jeb! was the smarter brother. Then the realities of ru nning for office required him to speak about tough topics.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Suggestion: "Clickity Clack, Don't Talk Back" (with apologies to the Coasters).

"Ghost Busters" played on 8 floppy drives is pretty good too:

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

The "Adams Family" played on the original PC (and its cassette tape relay) was pretty funny.

Reply to
krw

A comprehensive compilation of versions of the instrumental "Popcorn":

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ah, so an issue of total power consumption, not what the relays draw.

There needs to be a pilot LED for each relay, so you can have a fake Connection Machine type setup.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

All relays should light up! I think some do.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Some do- and I love them. Good SSRs should have LEDs too. One fun machine I deal with has a PLC type device with internal relays that drive I/O pins (these do have pilot lights!). Those drive rows of ice cube sized relays which sort of drive each other. Add a few contactors for the hell of it. Now separate the motors and sensors from the control cabinet by another room. Ugh.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader