beast!

Put it to work driving a pair of 32 ohm Sennheisers. Ultra high reserve current headphone amps are popular among audiophiles these days. Hopefully the part is really expensive so we know it sounds good. Though it probably doesn't have that, like, tube warmth, man.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Here is a much better amp for yor Senheisers :

You might want to do someting (other than resistors) to keep the power output down to a merely deafaning level. While this thing can't really put uch out into a pair of speakers, 32 ohm headphones will be a slightly ("") different story.

What kind of power do those phones handle ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Headphone efficiency usually runs around 100dB/mW (give or take ten or twenty), so 40W should get you all the volume you need. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Den torsdag den 10. april 2014 23.25.04 UTC+2 skrev bitrex:

Part doesn't have to be expensive, as long as it packaged nicely and sold expensive

$350 for block of wood anad a cheap opamp

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I miss being able to design in the Elantec EL2009CT. I still have some.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Ewww.. non-inverting.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

A little short on specs... is there a target price? Slew rate is nice.... 1 amp is nice.. I don't really think of 40 V as high voltage, but it's much better than 5 volts. George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I am looking for an amp that will drive small speakers from a usb sound card or similar. I am incompetent and lazy in this design need. The ada4870 looks interesting - is it a one-chip amp?

I also note the lack of attention on speaker box design (a headphone app here.) (1) Has there been any progress in this area? My mother dropped $500 on that radio with the reflex sound channel, the one they sell in the New Yorker. They use a sound channel to control the sound - I would like to do a tear down on one.

What I am looking for is a small speaker system, similar in volume performance to a logitech PC speaker, that gives really good sound quality 200-3000 Hz for voice and pretty good 3000-8000. I am just guessing on these numbers, but voice fidelity the desire here.

Any suggestions welcome, including the speaker itself. thanks in advance.

jb

  1. I'm going to make a "boy pointing out the king's clothes" remark here - why is it that headphones sound so much better than speaker systems? I am not impressed by "surround sound," but maybe I've never heard a good one. ?

Also - I think really good equalizer control a must, since hearing ability varies. This might be control where the listener "votes" for the setting, in addition to having direct control of the audio response curve.

Reply to
haiticare2011

Me too. Also some LH0063s, LH0033s, and LH4009s, which were intended as the successor to the LH0063.

National had this weird outpouring of pretty good hybrid parts in their

1988 databook that were all gone by the '89 book.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There are lots of power opamps out there. LM675 is the "classic", but has a minimum gain. I've also used the opa544. I'm yet to really fall in love with any of them. And then lots more intended for audio. (AC coupled inputs) I mostly want something that will do DC too. George H. oh and the TCA0372.. still waiting in my parts bin for the "killer app".

Reply to
George Herold

The TCA0372 is great for rail splitters and stuff like that, if you don't want it to dissipate much average power. If they'd just make it in a power pad package, it would be awesome.

It runs pretty warm just from its quiescent current.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

cheap block of wood too.

grado has the shittiest headphone cables ever made by the way. They're stiff and awful in every way possible. I fiddled with a pair at an audio shop and was stunned by how crappy they were.

There does seem to be a trend to lower impedance headphones since little portable audio players came out. I've had problems with my old AKG headphones and some portable audio devices where you pretty much have to crank the volume all the way up.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Rohm BA5406 is good for about 3 watts per channel into 8 ohms at 12 volts

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup
Reply to
bitrex

Phil Hobbs schrieb:

[...]

Yeah, the LH0063s were "damn fast" ;-)! I'm convinced a person like Bob Pease was responsible for this characterization.

Bye

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

I'd look for something for automotive audio ta8201? tda1519?, works nicely with an old laptop supply or the 12V output on some Dell(and maybe others) monitors

there is alot of stuff on ebay with ta2024

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

So the quality really is stunning. There's a first.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yup. That's a lot of opamp for 50 cents. I guess the heat comes mostly out of the V- pins.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The LH033 for sure was a popular part. The case floats, but my recollection is you would solder it to the output in some applications.

Reply to
miso

What ? You say you want an expensive "warm" tube headphone amplifier to drive a Sennheiser ? Your timing couldn't me more perfect !

boB