Nanovna ...has anyone tried it?

Looks like you can get a network analyzer to 1 GHz for less than $100. Amazon sells them for 75 ish. Reviews look good. About 40 db of range. Has anyone tried one yet? Pretty amazing if true....and I think it is substantially true

Reply to
bulegoge

There is the H vesrsion which is claimed to be good to 1.5GHz, available for under 50USD on AliExpress.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

I've had one since Christmas. Nifty little unit. There is software, free, Nanovna Saver. It has a TDR function that showed me a wet cable to my VHF-UHF antenna. So I got to spend more on new RG213. There is a version of the software for Linux and windows. There is even an app for Andriod. The screen is a little small and touch screen a little quirky. So the software is a definite plus.

Reply to
Ingvald44

Worth buying, but do the full SOLT calibration with both ports active. I love my unit, Paid for itself on day one. Keep in mind it uses harmonics for the higher range. However it does that very well.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Has several short write-ups about it.

Reply to
John S

VNA to 300MHz, with trickery to make it sorta kinda work above that. Low-IF/Zero-IF design that can produce assorted spurious responses in the presence of non-test RF. Clever design, but not a replacement for the $$$ boat anchors.

Reply to
Clifford Heath