Texas comes into the 21 century

Oh, go finish your Baxandall breadboard. Report back in another decade or so.

John

youth.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Kammerer

They've got their own close equivalent of the Tea Party, who don't want to pay any taxes, and think that posturing about it is a way to remove the necessity. Happily, Greece has richer and more powerful neighbours who can apply both carrot and stick to encourage the more sensible factions to get on with solving the countries problem.

China is about the only country that could perform the same service for you, and it isn't actually powerful enough to register with the likes of the Tea Party, who think they live in God's Only Country.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

But if you go to the trouble of responding to it - even with a rudimentary smart-ass response like this one - you are exhibiting how well - or poorly - you have comprehended what was posted, and give the rest of group yet one more chance to evaluate your competence.

You don't seem to realise that we are posting detailed refutations of you off-the-wall ideas because you use this group to ventilate your ill-informed speculations - rather than posting them to a more appropriate forum, where you would be ignored as one more ignorant nut-case, rather than taken moderately seriously as someone who at least knows stuff about electronics.

Neither of us is claiming to smart - merely better-informed than you are in these off-topic areas, which isn't exactly difficult.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

the

approach

The claims exist. Wise of you to back off from them at this point.

Now think up a nice way to ask your mother to picking up your rattle for you.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

--
Indeed.

I suspect you'd be better at stoking furnaces.
Reply to
John Fields

[snip]

Sno-o-o-ort :-) ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

You're being a jerk again, as usual.

John

Newton died, and yet his Calculus lives on.

How does that cramp his style?
Reply to
John Fields

When your life has been organized around bloviating, and you refer to your own child as "the brat", when you cease and desist, not only will no one in the "community" remember you, your own family will not notice either. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

have

Progress has been backward in the last couple of weeks. Upgrading Windows 7 to service pack 1 - when it finally worked - involved cutting off my access to the Linux partiton on my computer.

I decided to get it back by up-grading the Linux to SuSE 11.4 - I have the DVD with me - which upset Windows 7 SP1, but it recovered from a recent back-up, again killing my access to the Linux partition.

So I had to take the advice on the web and use the SuSE DVD to get me into Linux in rescue mode, where I used fdisk to get the right partitions bootable, and grub to restore the dual log-in.

Now I've got to re-install the latest version gEDA - again. Getting it to giver me gerber files for a printed circuit board in going to take a while - so far I've barely got it to give me bits of schematic.

-- Bil Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I'm running XP/SP3, hot-plug RAID, with cloned image disks in baggies just in case. I'll let Win7 settle down for a few more years.

John

He's still dead?

John

You obviously did not get it.

Reply to
SoothSayer

Only because you are too dumb to do it in the correct manner.

Re-install grub, and then "repair" the windows install, which will break when you do the Linux fix.

The right way to do multi-boot installs is to prep the drive partitions first. That way neither Linux or Windows messes with them, and all you have to do is fix the MBR after.

You performed ALL of those operations in a completely incorrect manner.

You can boot both from the windows boot loader as well. It just takes prior experience to get the strings right.

You would not have that problem if you DLd DVDs instead of CDs.

Look at some of the other free packages then. Some even get better reviews than gEDA.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Yeah, like you really need that.

Which you should be constantly swapping out with one of your mirrors to keep IT up to date as well.

More utter stupidity. It is the most stable OS out there as commercial operating systems go.

You should simply do some reading about it. I mean, I know you were stupid BEFORE the Vista/Brainless User debacle, but can you really be that clueless?

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

As is your brain.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

It's cool. I have absolutely identical machines (HP ProLiants) at work, home, and in the cabin. The work and home machines are clones of the one at work. All the apps, files, settings are identical.

Once a month maybe. Working files are backed up separately.

My XP is absolutely stable, so why suffer through a new install? It's just an OS.

John

You still don't know what that opamp is for, do you?

Tell us.

John

Windows 7 is NOT for upgrading your old, outdated POS.

You are absolutely unstable.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Which web browser do you use?