LM317KTE? (Texas Instruments).

The LM317KTE is like the D2-pak, but only 2mm thick and still able to supply over 1.5 amps, which is why I want some. Digi-key have them, but not in stock, and to get a cost effective price I'd have to buy 500 of them!

It doesn't help that they're not recommended for new designs, are discontinued by Texas Instruments. Or does it? Maybe someone has some and might sell me some? Payment would ideally be made by Paypal. Quantity wanted can be variable, so long as the quantity, nor the cost, is too high.

An alternative I can use is a smaller D-pak device that will supply 1.5 amps or more. I don't think there is one, but I could easily be wrong. The SOT-223 types won't do, as I can't mount them to a chassis or panel.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

There is stock of fixed voltage regulators in that package under TL780 part number.

RL

Reply to
legg

legg wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

LM317 isn't a fixed voltage regulator. If someone wants cheese, why offer chalk?

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Your letch seemed to be for the 2mm physical package. If fit is your problem, this is a solution.

Your problem seemed to be availability. If availability is your problem, this is a solution.

If you've never used a fixed regulator to produce a different voltage, perhaps you could use some more advice.

Otherwise, feel free to put your finger back where it normally resides.

RL

Reply to
legg

legg wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Are you a professional asshole, or is it just a hobby? The LM317 is a far better regulator than the fixed types. Don't presume you know more about someone elses problem. Just answer the question, or shut up.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Ouch.

RL