Tequipment.net bleh.

Have had excellent luck with TestEquity.com out of CA. Bought a bunch of Tek stuff from them with zero issues. Also dealing direct with SRS has been really good (though their deliveries are always week or so for stuff that is supposed to be in stock).

Have even had good luck getting stuff directly from China, but it's a bit more hit and miss.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Did you ever try to reverse a false credit card transaction? To me it seems not...

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

FTC.http://business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-deli...

I have gotten a few things from them and the only problem I had was when I ordered a 250Mhz High Voltage scope probe(2kV). I contacted the service department about 3 times over a 3 week period and it seems that the workers there are either trained well in dodging you or they are just plain stupid and out in left field. They seem to be lost each time they checked my order status.

I finally got an E-Mail to some higher up and it was assured me that I would receive the probe. I did receive via fedex along with a bunch of swag which I still have the wrist straps, fluke coffee cup and fluke hat!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

They used to ask you not dispute a charge, but they can't. Its in their agreement with the credit card companies. It's also a federal law at this point.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

If you do it that way. I never put a balance on my PP account. I pay through PP for items. That is always disputable through the CC.

I have disputed PP charges and won. There are two things eBay doesn't like, both of them have to do with losing money. CC chargeback is the big one.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

If it is six months, that is new. It has always been two months from the date of the statement (or in Maryland when you received the statement). That's why I never let it go beyond 60 days without filing a claim. But lately all my problems have been through eBay and vendors there are very worried about their rating, so they make you happy if they can.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Although I do purchase items from Ebay via a credit card, I have been thinking of getting a PP account, but after comments on this thread I am starting to question if I really think it's worth the trouble?

The problem is that I seem to be having issues lately getting some components that would otherwise be common among US dealers, but the chinese market seems to be flooded with what I need and they seem to accept PP just fine.. So having a separate bank account for that would seem to be the move to make and keep a small balance in it.

I have an up coming project (business I do on the side) that requires materials and components that only seem to be available from china, now. uC chips don't seem to be much of a problem but supporting components and hardware is.

I needed some FR5 not to long ago, no where in the states could I find a supplier that had anything in stock but a couple of places were willing to get it if I waited 3 weeks. I used a PP account from work and got it from a chinese source in something like 3 days to our factory and costing less, much less actually.

This country is going down the tubes..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:11:11 -0400) it happened Jamie wrote in :

I do not like to give my credit card details online, so paypal works great there. Yes China has everything. Communication seller - buyer is very good in my ebay experience, think I am close to 100 items now. Ordered a lot of SMD resistors last week. On somebody elses recomendation here I also ordered nice boxes of SMD caps long time ago, been using them, OK, ebay nr 350252063648

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

long time ago,

Expired listing. Here is the new listing:

Michael A. Terrell

How do you purchase from eBay without a PP account. I find that some

99% of the vendors only accept credit cards through PP. I don't know if you can pay through PP with a CC without an account. I do know that you don't need to link the transaction to any balance in your account.

Why do you need to link a bank account at all? I never have!

Or, like everyone else, they just do what is profitable and that is not the same as it was 30 years ago.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

It worth it just for the fact that you place another layer of security between 'them' and your credit card details.

I have had to use the dispute mechanism three and it worked great. Once was with someone who didn't understand what COD meant - they wanted me to come pick it up and pay for it at their address,

The other incidences were more serious and with a Chinese company leadme-eshop (they also use the name hotsale-eshop) - twice I sniped an auction for what must have been below costs and they simply did not deliver. When more than long enough time had elapsed I contacted them and they tried to stretch out the time to make the pay pay refund time expire. I told them which orders and which parts had not arrived and they kept coming back with questions that had already been answered and the situation clearly explained - very dishonest. I suspect Pay Pal knew of them because they did the refunds is less than 12 hours.

Reply to
David Eather

responding to

, Evan Cirelli wrote: I would like to directly answer some of the things I see in this post. My name is Evan Cirelli and I am the Vice President of Tequipment. I was looking over my twitter feed and I noticed this post. I'm a bit concerned about the accuracy of some of the items in this listing in regards to how we run our company . I assure you that I will personally take care of whatever issue is on this order. Please email me the details of this order to snipped-for-privacy@tequipment.net and I will look into this particular order.

A few things about my company.

We do not give anyone the run around. We are very straight forward and honest. In fact I pride myself on this. I believe the best way to do business is honesty and with integrity.

The review I see referenced in this article is over 5 years old. I can assure you we have on time delivery for most of our orders. We have millions of dollars of inventory. We want to do right for our customers. We do not play any games.

We only charge a credit card when we ship orders with the exception of paypal. Our systems made well before paypal and are not integrated into paypal to allow us to do this so the paypal payment is sent when the order is received. This is specific to paypal and not that uncommon.

I noticed someone mentioned a delivery issue on an in stock Rigol item. Can you send me the details of that order? An in stock item ships out right away. We have same day delivery on a majority of our items.

I can assure this this is not the normal as implied in some of the posts above. Our reseller ratings are 9.4 and out 10 stars with over 135 reviews. If you want to order from a company whose owner reads and reply's to twitter at 10pm on a Saturday night then please order from us. We care about our customers and value the feedback. Our customers are our lifeblood. We appreciate them very much. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reply to
Evan Cirelli

Pay with credit card.

On eBay you can pay with credit card without having a PayPal account, even if the seller only accepts PayPal.

Reply to
Dombo

For merchants I deal with online that definitely works. But I went to a little symposium last month, and the registration payment link dumped me straight into a PayPal login-or-create-account page. I need another account like I need a hole in the head, so I emailed my explanation to the symposium organizers and paid cash when I got there. Maybe bigger operators get some leeway from PayPal that smaller operators don't.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel Wilson

Ok, maybe I've done that, I'm not sure. I guess because I have both an eBay and PP accounts when I pay it always asks me to log into my PP account.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

When I buy from a seller that only accepts PayPal, I get a page that asks me to log in with a PayPal account (which I don't have) or pay with credit card (this option is a bit more hidden). When I pay with credit card the payment still goes through PayPal, so I assume it is all the same as far as the seller is concerned.

Reply to
Dombo

This page also has a pay by Credit Card option for non-registered and registered users.

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul

If you sign up with Paypal, you should get the "football."

Well maybe not. Mine was $5, now it is $30? But if you don't mind giving out your cell phone number and have a texting plan, you could try that scheme. [That I mind. I don't have texting and in fact block it.]

The "football" is a small plastic football shaped device that spews out a random 6 digit code. It is a two factor authentication scheme. You enter the 6 digit code and your password. It also works for ebay.

This blog has a photo of the football. I certainly wouldn't use an iphone app even if I had an iphone. Security and the iphone are mutually exclusive.

Reply to
miso

I do all my eBay purchases via PayPal using only AMEX as the credit card. AMEX is VERY cooperative with reversing a disputed charge. ...Jim Thompson

They no longer supply the "football" key chain thing. These daze it's a credit card size S-Key for $30. I bought 4 of them when they were $5/ea and shoved 3 of them down the throats of biggest security nightmares. It worked and reduced their sloppy payment problems. I should have bought many more while the price was reasonable.

Both devices are supplied by Verisign. and made by Vasco: There is also a smartphone application that does the same thing. If you pay for something via your smartphone, and then have to use the app to get a challenge response, you'll lose your original session. Smartphone security is rather marginal, and I would NOT recommend using these applications. All someone needs is your smartphone "credentials" ID number, and your phone has been cloned.

Note that the credit card key has an internal battery, which will eventually go flat. My wild guess as to the lifetime is about 7 years. Bend the card (difficult to do) and it's dead.

Verisign still sells both tokens: $48 for the card, and $30 for the football.

Yep, but backwards. You enter the account login and password first, then the 6 digit code. The problem is that there's a built in back door in case you forget your football. Just answer the usual security questions, and you can both make the purchase and deactivate the card for later purchases. Rather sloppy methinks.

Yep. Android is worse. I've been pounding on my customer to *NOT* put passwords and account information in their smartphone address books. When an application steals the users address book, they get everything, including these saved passwords. At one time, eBay/Paypal was considering dropping the security key tokens, because of the expense, in favor of the smartphone apps but wisely changed their mind.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com