OT: More retro electronics of note

Kodaks first all electronic digital camera from 1975!

Note the digital cassette drive on the side! And the chunky square aluminium chassis - they don't make em like that any more.

The report included the prophetic understatement:

?The camera described in this report represents a first attempt demonstrating a photographic system which may, with improvements in technology, substantially impact the way pictures will be taken in the future.?

The playback device was much larger and less transportable.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

I have a Sony Mavica with a built-in floppy drive! I think it still works.

I was watching the World Series baseball game last night [1] and one of the many stupid car ads had some race driver blasting around curves sideways, presumably testing a Dodge Dart or something. On the side of the road was a guy in a white lab coat leaning over an ancient round-tube Tektronix scope on a cart, probably a 545. I guess a little Rigol wouldn't be as photogenic.

[1] SF Giants won, 8-3.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Wow, what a prototype.

I was just given one, without the charger. I can easily cobble up a power supply, but where do I find one of those weird plugs?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Mine uses the old huge video camera battery. ebay?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Too bad they didn't take their own prophecy to heart and avoided bankruptcy. Art

Reply to
Artemus

It was a full blown Motorola Exorcisor development system.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell