Temperature controller.

I was again toying with an idea of another temperature controller device. Looking over some old files I saw the LM10. I basically need something like this to get me going, but wondered if there are any more currently available chips. I need an analog controlled heater from about 9-18 volts regulated supply. I will be using a 10K thermister. I'm looking at my old design using one opamp and a darlington output. I just want to keep it simple. Heater resistance will vary from 5 to as high as 30 ohms, but the circuit should opperate the same from any supply voltage from 9-18 vdc. Analog temperture controllers should be free of noise. These are used in recording experiments. There are fancy controllers on the market, and I have used PID controllers, but I don't really need PID, Setpoint will essentially stay around 37 deg. C, but having some variation, as well as a sensitivity pot. will give me a small module I can use for many Lab purposes. I have used the inexpensive Heaterstat modules but you have to use the foils, and the darn thing clicks on and off.

greg

Reply to
GregS