40khz air transducer

hello,

i have been looking for a 40khz ultrasonic air transducer for several days..i have only come up with a hand full and each of them are specifying a max vpp of around 200V..my guess is that this is the max input voltage that the transducer can take before it degrades..is this the case or am i completely wrong with my assumption..

thanks

Reply to
minski_wit

Yes, more or less. Homogenous piezo crystal isn't all that usefull in a transducer. To make it behave as you expect, it has to have a polarization imposed on it with a high voltage perhaps at an elevated temperature.

Run it too high in voltage, especially at an elevated temperature and you can depolarize it.

Theoretically you could repole it, but might have difficulty doing so without cracking it. When our apparatus wizard used to directly solder piezo crystals into a small device, even with low temp indium solder he would still have to repolarize them afterwards. I think an oil bath might have been used, but could be remembering wrong.

Reply to
cs_posting

You didn't say how many your are looking for. If not too many, check out

Brian

Reply to
Brian

I meant to say, if you are looking for a 40 Khz ultrasonic air transducer, using a much lower voltage.

Brian

Reply to
Brian