SMT reflow oven (again)... Temperature measurement.

The Cheese Machine skrev:

if you only need one or two order a sample directly from maxim-ic.com?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

OK, I like the idea. I've found a suitable donor toaster oven (Hinari Tiny Top, 19ukp), all I need now is to develop the control stuff.

Elektor have published an article this month using the Maxim MAX6675 along with a type-K thermocouple for temperature measurement. This seems to be a very convenient device... direct thermocouple to microcontroller (SPI) interface - except, the part isn't currently available here in the UK (Maxim's UK disti quoting 19 weeks delivery)

I know there are other existing (analogue) cold-junction compensated thermocouple interfaces out there, but I like the direct-to-digital approach of the MAX6675.

Are there any other devices out there that would suit?

TCM

Reply to
The Cheese Machine

19 weeks means they have yet to dig the mines for the material...
Reply to
Robert Baer

"The Cheese Machine" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.co.uk...

Another article on the same subject, but published one year earlier :

Robert Lacoste

I've seen it thanks, plus the Sparkfun site. I'll probably go the same way, using an AD595 and an analogue input on a PIC.

Reply to
The Cheese Machine

I used that part for my reflow oven. It works really well. I have been using it to solder BGA parts. Files are on the net at

or extracted at
The code works on Linux, and could use some improvement. I have not yet seen the Elektor article, and there may be some differences in our designs.

I couldn't get one here is the US, so I requested samples. Two came in the mail a week later. Maxim has some really nice parts, but can make them quite difficult to buy. Digikey here carries them, but never has anything more complicated than a MAX232 in stock. Maxim does have an online store on their website. I haven't tried that yet, but am hoping it works since the MAX5893 DAC may end up in my next project.

If you can't get one, I may be able to mail you the other sample I got.

Darrell Harmon

dlharmon