tap drill size

What the hell kind of locomotive are you BUILDING???

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering - JIm

Yes Rivnuts. They stand up proud about a mm.

Reply to
Ingvald44

Try these

flipper

I'm all done, just awaiting machined pieces to bolt on ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Yeah, I meant for future reference since you seemed to be saying you couldn't get the others.

Reply to
flipper

I've learned about a lot of neat parts from this post. Thanks to all! ...Jim Thompson

I haven't used them, myself. We used the press in types.

Reply to
flipper

1/8 inch panel. 24 1/4 - 20 holes. I'd say that #8 would work. #10 for certain.

Just think... 4 #10 screws holds in some pretty fat rack modules by the ears.

If he was attaching something to the plate with one or two 1/4 - 20 screws, I could see it.

24 holes, however, likely makes it a lid for something.

We haven't heard the plate size though, so it could be a big Olympic sized pool cover for all we know. He uses a crane to raise and lower it on and off the pool. :-) (a sky crane).

That's where he brews his beer. :-)

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The AET / AEW type are what we used.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

--
Actually, only the bottom two are working.

JF
Reply to
John Fields