Switching Circuit

--
Obviously, you do, since there is no dedicated ground conductor required
for a GFCI to work properly.

All that\'s required for the circuit to trip, and break the hot
connection, is that the current in the hot lead be different from the
current in the neutral lead.
Reply to
John Fields

Nice. :-)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Isn't "Jamie" trying to say, "I am so ignorant I might as well be dead" ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

              "We are a nation of laws"
               Which is double-speak for...
              "We are a nation of yellow-belly wusses"

think

ground.

ground

circuit

makes

want to

Then I

some

balanced

showing

Who do you think you are kidding, i can't create or handle a 70 megatesla field. But i bet jamie thinks he can.

Reply to
JosephKK

circuit

industrial

So, you are not an engineer, and arrogantly stupid, and listen to arrogant stupids as well. Reread the portions of the NEC that have been pointed out to you by others.=20

Reply to
JosephKK

ground

circuit

industrial

Jamie is an electrician, and not a very good one.

Reply to
JosephKK

Excuse Me?

Reply to
Jamie

Sorry, there is no excuse for you.

Reply to
krw

Thanks. :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

ground

circuit

that

required

industrial

disconnects.

I have worked with engineers, technicians, electricians and many other trades people of all grades for some decades. I calls 'em as i sees 'em.

Reply to
JosephKK

Because it interrupts the circuit when there is a ground fault, namely a path to ground that shouldn't be there and might be somebody's body.

No. The hot and neutral both run through a torroidal current transformer. If the outgoing and return currents don't cancel to within some small number of mA, there must be current leaking from one or the other conductor to ground, a voltage is induced into the CT sense circuit, and it trips.

A GFCI will work fine when a 2-wire appliance, like a lamp, is plugged into it. You can also install a GFCI-type outlet in an old box that has no ground available.

John

yes, arc fault, that is not ground fault..

Reply to
Jamie

Are you competing with AlwaysWrong in being always wrong?

John

John, you are arguing with an ignorant troll. In another thread he bragged about reusing so NEMA rated outlets at higher voltages where he supposedly works, then laughed and claimed they wouldn't pay for damages when some contractor's equipment would get damaged. He won't even post under his real name of Maynard A. Philbrook. He lives in Willimantic, CT. This information is available on line, in the public record. I wonder if he really has a job, and if so, what his employer would have to say about the way he acts on line? he has bragged about all the non compliant wiring and that they are grandfathered by the EPA to use banned chemicals. The place sounds like something the fire department, EPA, and IRS should investigate, along with the GAO, since he claims they do work for the federal government.

I posted the relevant reference in the NEC, and information from Leviton about their GFCI products. He ignored it, just like I expected.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

Just call him "Junior", as in the JAW.

Reply to
krw