Surface Mount Resistor in Vacuum Chamber

On Fri, 22 May 2015 18:52:46 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

You are an absolute idiot. Vishay would laugh at you. Contact them and ask about outgassing, and tell them you made this stupid crack. You will get laughed at, unless the dope is a salesman.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Wow, where'd you get that?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

ltage circuits that are not potted.

The original part was potted, but the potting was rigid and ruined some of the parts. The potting was changed to a flexible potting , but that did no t adhere well enough and there was HV breakdown. The solution was a die ca st case with rubber gasket. It was lighter than the potted versions and wa s easy to rework if that was needed. The rubber gasket probably would not have been good for a long time in space, but works for ICBM's.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Samples, from one of the boutique resistor companies. I'll check next week, when I get back to work.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Doesn't sound like the **engineers** will laugh: "contact application engineering for review"

Sales people are always laughing for no good reason.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

On 23 May 2015 04:24:00 -0700, Winfield Hill Gave us:

He lies. There would be several picoamps leakage in very likely more than one path.

That is why such a value is in a much larger form factor, for one thing. Plenty more reasons.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Gave us:

I've measured ~50 femtoamp leakage currents on 0805 LEDs, up to around 5V. That's the equivalent of 100 Tohms, so it's not at all impossible. Those we re TMB packaged (clear epoxy over FR4).

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Phil -

He has no instruments, or knowledge, of how to measure such things. He cannot make rudimentary calculations. He is a waste of your time.

John S

Reply to
John S

Please don't involve me in your flame wars. I generally get on fine with DLU1, perhaps partly because I don't spend much energy on insulting people, whatever their apparent status.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On Sat, 23 May 2015 05:42:27 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" Gave us:

And they are ALL built already. Anything new would likely get a design for durability engineering cycle performed on the component modules.

Conap does NOT detach. Nor does it break parts upon thermal cycling.

So, you too have decided not to limit your line lengths in USENET. And you even quote the sigs. How quaint.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 23 May 2015 14:03:42 -0500, John S Gave us:

I have used more picoammeters than a punk f*ck retard like you has ever even seen, much less used.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I have it. It measures about 1.05T on my old Keithley 610C.

Here's a small PCB that I maximally glopped with flux and fingerprints.

It pins the needle on the 1e14 ohms range.

A 1T resistor is usable on a clean PCB.

On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 4:03:20 PM UTC-4, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno w rote:

You do realize that Conap is not a single product. There are both epoxy and polyurathane Conap material.

ems >for encapsulating electrical components. Our technical expertise allow s us to >custom formulate materials that meet our customers' performance re quirements

So you are more concerned with form than function?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 4:03:20 PM UTC-4, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno w rote:

There are some replacement parts made because of ageing of the original par ts.

SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 23, 2015 - The U.S. Navy conducted successful test flights Feb. 22 of two Trident II D5 Fleet Ballistic Missiles built by Lock heed Martin [NYSE: LMT]. This brings the D5 missile's record to 155 success ful test flights since design completion in 1989, a 25-year-plus reliabilit y record unmatched by any other large ballistic missile.

That is 155 sucessful test flights in a row.

e-trident.html

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

In addition to heat dissipation, the entire electronics assembly need to be out-gassed at the start, to eliminate contaminants from the chamber.

Reply to
dakupoto

Call me suspicious too. LEDs are photosensitive, photovoltaic, and the new ones have a little blob of MOV in them. They're not predictable below even a microamp.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.

You would not have been involved if you had not replied.

Reply to
John S

I could call you worse things than that, but calling people things is too easy as it is. ;)

So do some measurements and post them. I used those LEDs as biased multiplexers in the Footprints project--see

. They worked great.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--