Stupid spammer

Posted this link as an eBay phish. Too dumb to know he posted the login and password for the ftp site - in clear text!

ftp://newpublishing: snipped-for-privacy@kenny.meskatech.com/signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI.dllSignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsSSL.html

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

ftp://newpublishing: snipped-for-privacy@kenny.meskatech.com/signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI.dllSignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsSSL.html

Bright enough to see the alternative bait, i hope you were not stupid enough to take the the hook inside. Beware thar be trojans there.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

ftp://newpublishing: snipped-for-privacy@kenny.meskatech.com/signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI.dllSignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsSSL.html

I just logged into the site and deleted the phish page.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

ftp://newpublishing: snipped-for-privacy@kenny.meskatech.com/signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI.dllSignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsSSL.html

And have you since checked for trojans, spyware, adware, virus, sneakware etc.,

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Which I would get how? The FTP command runs in a DOS box.

--
.
Reply to

FTP is merely a transportation method, the files you move may contain anything.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

DELE is the delete command.

GET and PUT move files.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

ftp://newpublishing: snipped-for-privacy@kenny.meskatech.com/signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI.dllSignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsSSL.html

How Lame: You could have changed the login and had a free web site - with an address conveniently different from your own home address for when the boyz/authorities (depending on location) kick down the door!

It's like you found a 100 dollar bill on the pavement and threw it away because it might be stolen ;-)

Reply to
frithiof.jensen

I just don't give a crap.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

ftp://newpublishing: snipped-for-privacy@kenny.meskatech.com/signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI.dllSignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsSSL.html

More likely someone will report the URL as the destination for a phishing scheme. The authorities will begin to monitor traffic to and from the address and track the current user to Homer. Doh!

I don't pick up guns I find lying in the bushes either. Who knows which dead bodies might be traced to it.

Big business never pays a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who
represents a big consumer organization that never pays a nickel in
taxes.
 -- Dave Barry
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.