street view

AKA "dive car."

Reply to
jlarkin

The thing that really stands out is all the overhead cabling, it does make it look a bit third-world.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

On a sunny day (Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:37:08 +0100) it happened Clive Arthur snipped-for-privacy@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote in <sinfn6$7m4$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It is!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The wiring in SF is hideous. I'm collecting a photo album of the worst ones.

The plan is to eventually underground all them, but it will take 100 years and 20 billion dollars.

Reply to
jlarkin

lørdag den 25. september 2021 kl. 19.25.01 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com:

I guess earthquakes and settling might a slight argument for keeping them overground opposite in hurricane areas

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Wales was cutting corners to make their street appear steeper,

Street in NZ is steepest again.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

This is parochial but the Guinness people reviewed an appeal and awarded the title back to Baldwin Street in Dunedin, NZ, at 34.8%.

When measured using the now agreed best practice of measuring along the centreline, the Welsh street is only 28.6%.

Of course there could be other roads steeper for which the citizens have never bothered to claim the title.

Reply to
Malcolm Moore

Bradford from below:

Looks like just one bit is really steep, and nobody parks there.

Reply to
jlarkin

Doen't look all that steep ? Might be some good exercise though !

Reply to
boB

That steep stretch might be the claimed 41% bit. I should buy a level gadget and measure it next time we go the farmer's market.

Try this, carrying a 10 lb bag of oranges and a watermelon or two:

jlarkin

Am 03.10.21 um 23:09 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com:

Happy, who's got a Significant Other who's used to 2 melons.

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann