Speech Recognition IC (voice control of circuits)

I am interested in an IC that can accept spoken commands to control circuits.

Can anyone help?

please post part numbers (and/or links)

Thanks

Reply to
midevilone

Rat Shack sold a Motorola 705 varient that was GREAT, about 15 years ago..... Only had 6 commands, up,down,on,off,left ,right, but for about $20 total you could make a real nice 'voice command interface'. real handy when your fingers are tied up and you need to turn something on or off....

It's too bad that bloatware and the PC took over.........

j.b. miller

If you can handle soldering fine-pitch SMTs, check this out:

-- "I can conceptualize what infinity is, but I cannot imagine it." MCJ 200406

Reply to
Mark Jones

Gotta part number? - sounds like it would be worth looking for...

Reply to
jtaylor

TI has DSPs that do this. Don't know if you want to go that route.

TI link (look under voice processing)

A company that uses TI chips to do this for embedded world and sells to Toy makers:

Phillips has a low cost chip solution for that:

" The Hello IC is able to interpret the equivalent of up to 100 words with up to 50 words active at a time and features continuous connected word recognition, enabling the user to give whole sentences of instructions. The Speech Processing software - VoCon - which is stored on the chip and requires no external memory, also features noise cancellation software enabling the Hello IC to work in situations where background noise could otherwise affect voice recognition, such as in a car with an open window. "

And a TechOnline article on an Academic system that does that at:

Google for "speech recognition" and IC

Or "voice recognition" and IC and you should get plenty of hits.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

The Radio Shack chip was called the VCP200 by Motorola. They are no longer available.

The TI chips can handle text to speech and speech recognition but you would have to buy third party software for your application.

The Sensory Chips are a good option but require expensive development kits and lots of custom coding.

The Phillips chips never really made it into production as far as I can tell. It is not available.

Haven't read the paper but it looks like a custom designed solution.

My conclusion is that sensory is the best option but only if you plan on doing production runs not if you're a hobbiest. Other than that, there is no hobby level speech recognition IC on the market.

Ken

kenlem