Control over Internet modules?

Hello. Can anyone advise please?

I need to read 8 outputs and control 8 inputs on an appliance remotely over the Internet. Can anyone recommend an off-the-shelf module with a fixed IP address that will allow me to do this? Preferably a UK supplier but will consider anywhere else.

Thanks for any help. Simon

Reply to
PigPOg

See:

and look for low-end embedded PC, then call if you are interested.

We have other solutions.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com
 Click to see the full signature

Thanks Stephen. I'll give the site a look over the weekend. Regards, Simon

Reply to
PigPOg

Sorry, nobody will be able to do that. Is that a trick question?

Reply to
linnix

Makes perfect sense to me. He's writing from the perspective of the device that is being controlled, not of the interface module. It may be different to the perspective usually used on this group but it certainly isn't wrong.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org

Try

Try the MOD5270, dev kit is 99.00

Paul CTO NetBurner.

Reply to
pbreed

may do what you want. it only has 9 gpio's however; you would need some sort of external mux.

alan nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

The VM-1 controller and ethernet module plugged into an "application board 3" will do this. You can choose fixed IP address or DHCP. If you need hundreds and/or minimal size we can custom design resulting in lower unit cost. TCP,UDP, and HTTP are all supported. Programming is dead easy.

PPP via a serial line and modem or GPRS terminal is also a possibility: you don't say much about your expected physical internet connection.

Anahata

Reply to
Anahata

Thanks to everyone who replied and for the links. Regards, Simon

Reply to
PigPOg