Speech Recognition System Design

I have to design a microcontroller-based system which can control a game based on certain words spoken by a person. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to acquire the signal?.....Any help is appreciated.....

Reply to
mandark

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:57:48 -0800 (PST)) it happened mandark wrote in :

Most all headsets and consumer toy mikes use an electret type microphone. These come in several sizes, run of a few volt DC, and have a FET in it that provides a reasonable low output impedance. And cheap too, from 1$ up or so. The output can be quite big, up to half a volt if you speak close, but only microvolts if you listen to ants in the Aussie outback. But you are probably more interested in human voice recognition. Run some test on a scope.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje