Sound card scope SW with smooth roll mode?

All VAC does is let you pipe from program to program with sound. So it is how you string together sound programs in Windows. [Of course this is easier done in Linux, but you knew that.]

Possibly the windows version of sox would do this for free. You can use sox on the fly to rip apart streams, transcode, etc. I just don't know the limitation of the windows version. Sox is a default installation on any linux I ever used.

Reply to
miso

I understand how this works. The problem is similar to the method of physically piping a signal out the soundcard and right back in, or into another soundcard on the same PC (which I have done): Many software packages with good configurable display features such as SCADA cannot talk to the sound card at all. They don't even see it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

We are ASSOCIATED BEAUTY THERAPISTS Accredited for Insurance Purposes on c ourses run by us. CONNECT-2-HAIR students get 10% off their Insurance Prem ium. We are Insurance Approved by a number of leading insurance companies , one of which is ABT who also offer Professional Hair Extensional Membersh ip of their Association plus Insurance Cover with ZURICH INSURANCE included in the membership.

Website:

alfredjohn1234

)

in

y a

eam

)

he

is ok, ...being from an era that used to read Kats 'n' Jammer Kids every Sunday. ;)

Being a HW guy too, in the C/C++ programs I simply used examples then modified to get what I needed. Proud of code, no. Proud of how WELL it ran, yes.

I only learned/sed octave to replace Excel Worksheet stuff. And, as a glorified 'automatic' calculator. I once replaced our physicist's beam trajectory analysis Excell spread sheet program which produced which only 25 by 25 cell results showed beam cross section at the target. The .xls required over 100MB, took hours to run, and produced coarse results. The .m script was 8kB, took seconds to run, and produced over [even was adjustable] 100 by 100 results WITH a rotatable mesh plot of the beam profile. Being from the CPM and DOS era, I like octave's lack of GUI and the ability to do 'command line' entry.

Reply to
Robert Macy

very

Here is a wild and crazy idea: Convert it to an avi video file. Then use a decent media player to view it. That little bit of software would be pretty easy.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Looks like the problem is solved. In case others are in need of something like this:

One of the regulars here has written via PM and suggested to look at Daqarta.

In itself it can't do that but the author, Bob Masta, was very helpful and actually created a macro that can record phase. It might make it into a future release of the software. So I bought a Pro license and now I can log phase shifts and render them in a smooth scroll. I doesn't seem to like all sound chips but that isn't a problem, I'll just buy a good USB sound card. On the Samsung NC-10 netbook it worked like a charm.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Why not just write one yourself... Passé

Yawn.,...

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Because I am not a software guy. The macro language in Daqarta is already hard enough for me to understand.

Well, I don't consider it very efficient to re-invent the wheel and where you can buy a license for $99. I remember the time back at the university where everyone and their brother wrote their own FFT software instead of using each other's efforts in a large team. What a waste of resources.