SOT343R versus SOT343, another standards mess-up?

le?

Because we weren't doing a student project, but building an electron beam u nblanking system which had to do what the customers needed.

When we were producing our narrowest - 500psec wide - unblanked pulses, we had some 40nsec of processing time between pulses that limited the maximum duty cycle to about 1.25%. Exactly the same hardware was used to produce wi der pulses which could have been up to 320usec wide.

I hadn't made that clear earlier because it complicates the story - and it certainly complicated the design.

We were accumulating our "stroboscopic" pulses into up to 1024 separate mem ory locations, and successive pulses could have been as little as 40nsec ap art, for a worst case duty cycle of 99.98%.

You can't over-drive transistors in that kind of circuit, if you expect the m to not only survive but also to keep on performing exactly the same way f or years.

Not half as insane as the amounts of money you'd need to spend re-inventing a whole host of different kinds of wheels.

The 18 months of debug time was on the complex - and fast - signal processi ng logic, which we did in ECL. That was our unique selling point. With hind sight, we should have settled for 10MHz processing inside a bunch of Xilinx chips, rather than going for 25MHz in ECL, but the mad technical director had gone to quite a lot of trouble to suppress that particular system desig n - I first heard about it in 2009.

That's what we should have done - I'd proposed the GaAs solution precisely because I thought it dramatised the point that the mad technical director's demands were mad, but - sadly - it turned out to be practicable, though ra ther impractical.

It wasn't money - as such - that was the problem, but where it was being sp ent. The mad technical director always wanted a new gizmo he could sell, and the y get developed at the expense of time spent on getting the last of the bug s out of the previous gizmos.

Not in our application.

We could have any duty cycle from 1.25% to 99%. It couldn't be designed as a pulsed system.

Only relevant if your load can be guaranteed to be a brief pulse, Ours coul dn't.

For an application that lets you get away with that kind of design.

I've spent time cutting holes in ground planes. It wouldn't have helped in our application.

The BFR96 was in a pill package. The BFG97 seems to be the same die, packag ed in a proper SOT223 surface mount package, and it's still around. Farnell has 399 in stock in Australia at $A1.58 each for 1-9.

I had.

In your application, not mine.

We had graduate students coming out of the woodwork at Cambridge. The mad t echnical director had got his Ph.D. there in 1968 - I'd come across (and re membered) one of his papers in Electronics Letters while I was doing my Ph. D. in Melbourne.

They found us at Cambridge Instruments. Their brilliant solutions to their toy problems looked less brilliant when applied to real problems. My best s tory is about a graduate student who had solved a particular problem with a Mulvey electron microscope "immersion lens". I knew enough to be aware tha t the Mulvey lens tends to run hot, so I asked him how he cooled it - he'd run it for 20 minutes and let it cools off for eight hours. We were being o ffered this for industry use. Texas Instruments ended up adopting a slightl y different solution, and the graduate student suddenly reappeared as an ex pert on neural networks ...

The layout was interesting, but it was all properly worked out microstrip c onnections. With hindsight, the base drives probably weren't fierce enough.

That work was done back in 1984/85, and the BFG31 wasn't around then.

Our PRF was usually close to 25MHz. Various drop-offs meant that it was dow n to 16MHz when the project was canned, but we would have fixed them within a few months if the project had lasted a bit longer.

As I said above, the duty cycle with 500psec pulses was only 1.25%, but wit h wider pulses (and we could make them very wide) it could go up to 99.8%. With pulses wider than a few nsec, the PRF would obviously go down with th e pulse width.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Huh? It's got nothing to do whether students or engineers built it. It simply works.

I don't see how it'll complicate the system. Very short duty cycles can present a problem but 1.25% doesn't sound too onerous.

Oh, they will. See the older datasheet in my link, there are even specs about power dissipation for short pulses. Which surprised me back then and must have meant that even the manufacturer saw that people were using their RF devices as pulsers. Nowadays many manufacturers no longer have that kind of foresight, sometimes you can't even get SPICE models which is really pathetic. If I have an alternative I won't use parts in designs if they have no SPICE data.

I don't know what you mean by that. Using devices like the BFR92 is not re-inventing the wheel. It's sound use of engineering resources and time.

[...]

Classic feature creep. That is a fundamental problem in many companies, not only yours.

It can be. You pulse, then hold the level with a slower circuit for the

320usec you mentioned above. Or whatever gives you the 99%. At the end another BFR92 (or two) yank it back via a transmission line balun that inverts the phase, followed by another slower circuitry for hold.

Sorry, not true. You have to separate fast transitions from the "slow" phases. They are different (yet simple) circuits which then are compined at the outputs. Like PLL where many people thought that a low noise PLL must always be slow upon frequency change. Because they didn't think like automotive guys, you could do it with 2-3 loop speeds (kind of a gear shifter). This is one reason I strongly believe that engineers should strive to become generalists.

Yours would have. You said the shortest pause was 40nsec. For a BFR92 and similar RF transistors that is an eternity.

Well, as I said, you should have gotten the help of a really good RF engineer. Back in the days they could have been found through the RSGB (for UK companies).

Out here it's available for around 30c but compared to the BFR92 which shows six-digit stock it's a boutique part.

What's the transition time you got?

Sure it works in yours.

[...]

You need someone better than that.

[...]

Above you wrote that you did try the BFR92 ...

Easy. Here's how: You take a fast gate driver or make one. That is not difficult. Now you pipe that signal onto your load, in your case the beam steering. It will give you rise and fall times of 5-10nsec. Now you add in two BFR92 stages. One will directly drive the load, the other via a stripline transformer. Those only come on for around 10nsec each and now you have nice spiffy transisitions. Possibly you need two BFR92 each but at 10c a pop that is still cheap.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

They have excellent service and uptime. For example, that switch has instantly made my Google Groups filter unnecessary. Meaning I could read valid posts from people that use this Google "service" again while all the spam was hosed off for me. For 10 Euros a year that is a much better value than you get with others.

They are also fading because most people these days no longer have access. No critical mass left.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It's got to do with the problem being solved. Students get to tackle problems that can be solved easily and neatly.

Engineers get to tackle the problems that the real world throws at them.

We had to live with duty cycles from 1.25% to 99.9%. You want to blend the edge-generating hardware with stuff that maintains the blanking/unblanking voltages for longer periods.

Fine while the beam was blanked, but causing it to wobble when it should have been "unblanked" and going straight through the blanking aperture (a 100 micron diameter hole in a small platinum disk) wouldn't have been acceptable.

If you are lucky. And can get transistors that are specified for that sort of service.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Your pulser problem does not exactly strike me as a difficult problem. I've solved a similar one when I was a student.

I described the solution for that at the end of my previous post (you deleted it). It is not rocket science.

What would cause a wobble in the solution I suggested?

Again, they do not need to be specified for that. Just like my street bike was never specified for cross country yet that's what I used it for in the 80's and early 90's before affordable mountain bikes really existed in Europe. To my surprise that kind of usage became somewhat mainstream much later, they call it cyclocross.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

RL

Reply to
legg

Then I haven't explained it right. If you could solve your problem with a B FR92, it wasn't a problem that was all that similar to the one we were tack ling.

You described a solution that you think would have worked. We really did ne ed to have a stable 0V on both of the blanking plates when the beam was sup posed to be unblanked. The +7.5V and -7.5V levels during blanking were a lo t more flexible, but the two voltages did need to rise and fall to (and fro m) 0V symmetrically, particularly when they were close to 0V.

A long-tailed pair did that for us, more or less automatically. The mad tec hnical director's system - the one that stopped selling when a more reliabl e version hit the market - had had a much messier single-ended scheme built around a bought-in Avtech pulse generator. The company still exists.

but none of the guys that had worked with it were nostalgic about it.

Moving from the bit of the circuit that established the level to the one th at held the level.

That's called designing around unspecified parameters. The people who did t hat with RCA 2N3055 power transistors came unstuck when purchasing bought i n Motorola 2N3055's which had a much smaller die, making them faster but ea sier to blow up. It's possible to buy transistors from just one manufacture r, but you can't stop that manufacturer deciding that they can get more tra nsistors from a given wafer by using a smaller die.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No matter what you do, you won't get it down to 0.00V within 100psec. But the BFR92 gets pretty darn close and it would only be the gooser. For the rest you could also use hard-driven 2N7002. One of the tricks is to DC-shift and then not go to zero but a few hundred mV. The line will think it's zero because that is what it sees. A really nice device for regulating out fast and to a precise voltage back in the 80's was the uA733 video amp. It's still around which doesn't surprise me. But only few people know it. I mostly used faster Harris amps though but they guzzled a ton of power.

But it took 500psec ...

It probably cost an arm and a leg.

I'd use a hold circuit that is as fast as possible and regulated, and use the BFR92 stages only as the goosers for the transitions.

No, but if you don't do it you'll miss out on a lot of technology. RF transistors are mostly quite good at pulsing. The reason why they aren't spec'd that way is not some unspecified design parameter but the fact that the manufacturer does not see the full market potential.

It was similar with tubes. Most of us built kilowatt class RF amplifiers out of five "re-purposed" color TV H-deflection tubes. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. A friend of mine discovered that these were also excellent pulsers and HV-switches. So he made what would now probably be called a class-D amp. He got a whopping 5kW out of the set (legally!) and it all didn't even become very hot. Many years later the German equivalent of the FCC closed that loophole.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Maybe, but we weren't in the business of driving thin-base transistors with much higher collector currents than they'd been designed or specified for.

That sort of mistake can have your service engineers flying half-way around the world at short notice, and was actively discouraged.

We had one uA733 on each of the 21 channel cards in the EMI phased array ul trasound machine. We were in R&D and got a look at the channel card layout for the first pre-production prototype - we were going to use it in our cli nical trials research machine. The layout around the 733 was comically bad, and we modified it by hand and our modified cards worked fine. The people doing the pre-production machines had ordered ten sets - 210 cards - and ra ther than taking our advice and dumping them in a skip, they'd loaded them, and eventually hand-modified all 210 by striping out the 733 amps and bodg ing in a two discrete-transistor substitute.

The BFG31 might have fixed that, if I'd ever been able to get a chance to t ry it.

It did.

And at some pulse widths, the electron beam "on" period would cover just yo ur "gooser" to "holder" transition. Not nice.

Our pulser had ended up using a big and expensive HP RF transistor - we'd m ade the choice back in late 1984, when we'd found that it worked a lot bett er than several cheaper and ostensibly comparable devices. The data sheet s aid that it was fine at 150mA.

Paralleling BFR96S parts hadn't worked quite as well. I'd first used 5GHz b road-band transistors back in 1978 - the PNP BFT93 came in much the same th e pill package as was used for the BFR96 - but I think that SOT-23 packaged parts were available by 1983 when I got into it at Cambridge Instruments.

Not all that similar. Semiconductors have more varied failure modes than tu bes, and they have less mass to soak up transients. One of the applications of electron microscopes and electron beam testers is in semiconductor fail ure analysis, and we might have been more nervous about metal migration and other obscure failure modes than regular circuit designers.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The more complete BFR92 datasheet I posted has pulse power ratings in there. It clearly shows that it can be done.

It is not a mistake, it is smart engineering. Read the datasheet.

[...]

The BFR92 would have fixed it as well and was readily available.

[...]

Oh c'mon, this ain't rocket science. If you absolutely need a stable DC level you use just the BFR92 and regulate out the DC remnant. You can even run a dummy-BFR92 in the servo loop to get rid of temperature effects.

[...]

HP made really nice RF transistors, so did Motorola. But the prices were through the roof.

That's where the more complete datasheet comes in. It has pulse power ratings that are quite impressive. Now if you don't trust the manufacturer's datasheet, ok, then all that's left for you is a suepr expensive ivory tower solution.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It's got pulse power ratings. You can dissipate up to about 30 times the ma ximum sustainable power for periods of about 10nsec - essentially it define s the thermal inertia of of active region of the part.

It doesn't say anything about putting 150mA through a part with an absolute collector current rating of 30mA, which doesn't strike me as a good idea.

I've read the datasheet, particularly the bits that say absolute maximum co llector current rating, 30mA , base current 4mA. The NXP data sheet says 25 mA.

The BFG31 was a PNP part, which was what I happened to want, and it was rat ed to deliver up to 100mA of collector current. We were using BFT93's to dr ive the the base of the HP NPN RF power transistors, and a bit more current might have made an appreciable difference.

s.

You can regulate the heck out of the average voltage. When you are regulati ng a voltage that is only present for a period that can get down to 500psec , life gets a bit more interesting.

Our electrons were travelling at 10% of the speed of light, which limited t he length of the blanking plates we could use to move the beam around. The beam had to able to respond to our 500psec-wide narrowest unblanking pulse, so it would respond to any slower excursions of the blanking voltage.

That's some servo-loop you've just described - rocket science is somewhat l ess demanding.

You would have hated the Gigabit Logic GaAs parts were were using. My weekl y reports sometimes list the cost of some of parts that we'd blown up in ou r more painful debugging sessions. The HP RF transistors were in the same b all-park.

The six-layer triple extended Eurocard that carried the timing logic cost a bout 1000 UK pounds before we populated it with about 1500 pounds worth of parts.

The machine was going to sell for about a quarter of a million pounds ...

I trust the data sheet. It's happy to let you dissipate more power - briefl y - but it still says absolute maximum collector current is 30mA (NXP says

25mA).

Things like SOA curves remind us that there are more ways of wrecking a tra nsistor than getting the whole die too hot - SOA is all about making hot-sp ots within the active region. Melting just one narrow hot channel through f rom emitter to collector is enough to wreck the part, even though 99% of th e silicon is still fine.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

So how do the imagine the high pulse power will come about in a 15V max device?

Out of Jeannie's bottle? :-)

DC != pulse rating

PNP's are very good RF parts for pulsing, for the most part. Better to turn things around using a balun. Or what I sometimes do when pulling up is isolate the base drive and let it "ride".

Nah. BTDT. One of the tricks is to provide a sampled error signal input to the servo loop. The loop itself can be slow. And should be, for noise reasons.

Yikes! Did you have it gold-plated at a jewelry store?

But I bet it did not turn a profit in the end.

DC ratings have nothing to do with it.

Sorry, but it seems you haven't really understood that. This is about current beyond the DC specs. Something very normal in the world of fast pulsers. Many of my early pulsers are still kicking and they often let the machines run 24/7. Which I find environmentally questionable but people do it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Well, perhaps one is supposed to violate the abs. max voltage, rather than the abs. max current. Or both together in equal proportion :)

[...]
--

John Devereux
Reply to

20V times 30mA is 600mW, not a lot more than the 280mW dissipation allowed at up to 88C. As the external ambient rises to 150C, the allowable maximum dissipation declines to zero. The 30X advantage at very short pulses gets t o be useful in the range 145C to 150C.

Your argument tries to okay higher pulse currents than the absolute maximum collector current rating on the basis that you can't get high enough peak power ratings any other way, but you can - at least theoretically - get the same extra power by running less collector current at a collector voltage more than 20V. We both know that this would end in tears in practice, but t he logic works the same way.

Pandora's Box in this case.

"Maximum" includes during pulses.

Transmission line transformers can be remarkably broad-band devices, but tr ansformer coupling isn't a good idea if you duty cycle can vary from 1.25% to 99.9%

?

Some sampler ...

No, but the bare board was expensive because the two outer layers weren't F R4 epoxy-bonded glass fibre, but isocynate-resin-bonded Teflon cloth.

The Teflon was supposed to be less lossy at high frequencies, and its lower dielectric constant meant that our 75R microstrip tracks weren't embarrass ingly narrow. Fully buried strip-line is less dispersive, but getting burie d strip-line to have a 75R characteristic impedance would make it narrower than our printed circuit house could make reliably.

The PC house had to buy in a big sheet of the isocynate-resin-bonded Teflon substrate to make our boards, and they recovered a big chunk of its cost o n every board.

Since the project got canned before we sold one, you win. The mad technical director had been selling his machine for the same sort of money until wha t was essentially a more reliable version of the same machine (selling at much the same price) killed his sales. Mike Engelhart has told us (here, a few years ago) that the successor machine ended up with 98% of the market.

Maximum ratings have everything to do with it.

I suspect that the failure of understanding is yours, rather than mine. It's called irrational optimism where I come from.

You've got away with exceeding the maximum ratings in one application. It w ouldn't be a good idea to make a habit of it. I concede that the NXP BFR92 data sheet shows a very flat current-gain versus collector current plot, su ggesting that nothing pathological is going to happen if you push the colle ctor current a little above their 25mA limit, but I keep thinking of metal migration which has been known to open-circuit connections on integrated ci rcuits if you keep on putting too much current through them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Pulse power can be more than 10x the DC dissipation. That's an order of magnitude higher.

Nope, has nothing to do with temperature. At low duty cycles it remains nice and cool.

Absolutely not. Exceeding voltage limits can cause a fatal breakdown. Even avalanching eats away at the life expetancy of a transistor, it's similar to what smoking does to humans.

Current, OTOH is a totally different ballgame. It causes local heating and if you keep that thermal effect in check by a low enough duty cycle.

If you think that applying 100V for just a nanosecond would be ok, it isn't. The transistor would go kaputt.

It doesn't. That would grossly contradict the pulse power ratings.

If you do a DC restore on the base drive side it can be done.

Transformer coupling, sometimes with DC restore, in order to be able to use NPN or N-channel device. Mainly because they tend to perform better.

It's just a lone Schottky diode. Which also needs to be servoed in a sub-loop if you need a precisely controllable DC-level. In that case it is often best to use a dual-pack.

That sounds like serious overkill. What we did when we needed extra dielectric (usually not for line impedance but a low yet shielded capacitance) was to add two layers and leave one a blank. That was less expensive than having to use Rogers.

Tell the to hire an RF consultant next time so there is no 18 months debug :-)

That's where you need to talk to the mfgs if you don't understand the datasheet. Look at the pulse power ratings.

It's called reading the datasheet where I come from.

Take a look at page 5 again.

The datasheet clearly says otherwise.

It wouldn't be a good idea to make a habit of it. I

If that were so, how do you explain the graphs in the lower part of page

5 of the above datasheet?
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The transit-time deflection problem was fixed ages ago:

All my products, including the picosecond things, are on FR4. There could be some justification for exotic lams in things like planar RF filters, but it's rarely justified for logic, especially 1980s vintage logic.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

If you go to the trouble of reading the Infineon data sheet, you will see t hat they allow up to 30x the DC dissipation, as I said above. You can't saf ely dissipate enough peak power to want to do that unless you are using the transistor in such a warm environment - at 146C - that the permissible DC dissipation is down to 21mW.

That wasn't the point I was making. The Infineon duty cycle pulsed power ra ting data is useful if you want to use the transistor in a warm environment .

You want to read more into it than that.

And so can exceeding current limits. As the current density in the collecto r goes up, the differential equations that control whether the current will remain uniformly distributed across the collector, or start concentrating itself into hot channels start moving towards the unstable condition.

Sure. But a hot channel formed by current concentration is just as lethal a s a hot channel formed by avalanche breakdown, if marginally slower to form .

You need a slightly more flexible idea of what constitutes "local heating".

Once you get your head around the concept of current concentration into sma ll regions within the (already small) collector you will see that the hot s pots formed by voltage avalanches aren't all that different from the hot sp ots formed by current concentration.

A similar risks exists if you apply 150mA for too long. You've apparently m anaged to demonstrate that 150mA for a nanosecond doesn't destroy at least one manufacturer's BFR92. Drawing a broader conclusion than this would be u nwise.

"Maximum" means not to be exceeded, ever.

As I've explained, it doesn't contradict the pulse power ratings at all - u nless they are being read by someone with an axe to grind.

Sure. At a price. Engineering effort was put where it could make most money . It didn't make any money on that project, but I blame the mad technical dir ector for that (as I would).

Been there, done that, but not in this particular context.

I've used diode bridge samplers. They can be brilliantly fast, but they are a can of worms. I threw in a bifilar wound transformer to drive one at Cam bridge Instruments, which worked a lot better than the original driver.

This is the small-volume-production mind-set, where it pays to spend quite a bit to anticipate potential problems. Doing it once, expensively, often b eats having to do it twice with ostensibly cheaper parts.

We were nervous - correctly as it turned out - about shipping 800MHz clocks and 1.25nsec wide pulses around that board. On the first prototype pretty much all those signals got re-routed through miniature coax - admittedly be cause some clown in the printed circuit department had ignored my very expl icit instructions about which layer went where in the board build-up and le t the board manufacturer shuffle the layers to minimise the chance that the (big) board would warp. Not helpful when you are tracking microstrip over ground- or power-planes.

The beam-blanking system was never a significant contributor to the debuggi ng time. What really took the time was getting the ECL-based digital signal processing board working, though the GaAs-heavy timing board was only slig htly less of a headache.

When we started the project I'd pointed out that these were demanding board s, and should be given to good engineers who could stick with them until th e board had been debugged. The digital signal processing board was done by a sub-contract design shop - who actually did pretty good job - but their p rogrammable logic design wasn't quite right, and it took a long time for th e in-house engineer to get to grips with what it was supposed to do and get it doing that.

It took us more than a year to learn that the shift and subtract arithmetic division unit on the board didn't stuff the leading digits of down shifted numbers with "ones" when the number being downshifted was negative.

If we'd had time to do proper design reviews, I'd have caught it much earli er in the design cycle, but one of the mad technical director's lunacies ha d been a ridiculously optimistic schedule, and design reviews were an extra vagance that we were denied.

Particularly when misread with the eye of faith.

The problem is that I do understand the datasheet, and you want to misunder stand it in a way that justifies your very dodgy design.

That would be cloud-cuckoo-land.

Actually, beyond the absolute maximum rating.

Only, to you, and you are reading a message that the manufacturer contradic ted earlier in the data sheet. Maximum collector current of 30mA is unambig uous.

Spelling out that you can push the pulsed power dissipation to 600mW even w hen working at 145C was probably unnecessary, but the guy that did it proba bly ran the numbers without thinking too hard about what they meant.

None of those curves say anything about current. It's just power. And you'd only worry about it if you were running the part in a very warm ambient.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yup. My next one goes on FR-4 as well. Hundreds of picoseconds stuff. It irks me though that I have to use a >$10 Schottky. You can get two large bottles of Trader Joe's Belgian Beer for that, the ones that let smoke off when uncorking.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What are you trying to fabricate? Nobody in their right mind is going to use a BFR92 at 146C.

Huh?? Sorry, but that is absolutely not the case. The contrary is true.

Nope. It clearly states peak pulse power. At very high temps it's the opposite, you must derate DC max power _and_ peak max power.

This is exactly why they gave peak pulse power in the datasheet, so people know how much the BFR92 can stomach when pulsed.

Hence there is page 5 in the datasheet.

Infineon has very good engineers (but don't get me started on their sales crew ...). I trust that what they wrote on page 5 of the above datasheet has been properly vetted.

Infineon (or in reality that was still the old Siemens) has already done that job for me. Why should I do it again?

I don't have to. It's in the datasheet.

If 30mA could never be exceeded, how can you achieve the pulse power ratings? Please explain. With math.

A DC restore costs less than a buck and can be designed quickly.

[...]

800MHz is slow. I've sent 5x that over FR-4 and John probably a lot more. But yeah, the board house shall not mess with the prescribe layer order. This is why you should have staggered layer indicators on the Gerbers. Then you can see right right away before even populating the board.

Yikes. That would have been the time I'd have high-tailed it.

I do trust Infineon/Siemens with what they wrote. You have still not demonstrated how the pulse power rating is possible without exceeding the 30mA limit. Because it's not possible, it has to be exceeded.

Nope, you are simply wrong. Demonstrate how you achieve the peak pulse power ratings in the datasheet without exceeding 30mA.

[...]

Because they are DC ratings. Is that so hard to understand? Page 5 clearly says so.

What makes you believe you can reach the peak pulse power at 145C? You definitely can't, and the datasheet says so.

Give us the math.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/