SOT343R versus SOT343, another standards mess-up?

... versus

What gives?

In both countries they drive on the same side so that would not be an excuse.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

As far as I can tell, every possible 3-pin (SOT23 topology) and 4-pin (SOT143 type) pinout has been mapped into every possible transistor connection.

We have some NEC SOT143s that are not just reversed, the pin1 dot is on the bottom.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Infineon is right, NXP is wrong ;-)

Do they transpose the pin numbers of similar components too, or are they

100% screwed up?

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

Hey, I haven't been able to access the nxp website for days. Does that link work for everyone else? (Thread drift... sorry Joerg.) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Similar here but at least the NXP devices fit Infineon's footprint. In the 80's it was worse. Philips had an n-channel FET, forgot the part number. Siemens offered one with the same number except that it was a p-channel.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not 100%, at least they are interchangeable. MMICs are opposite with collector and base, unfortunately. Beats me why. In fast pulsers it would be nice to have them interchangeable in case a BJT doesn't perform or goes unobtanium.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I remember that one. Was it a 4416?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No, it was a European part number, B-something. But I don't remember and didn't keep the Siemens databooks. I generally preferred Philips parts.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It started with SC61/SOT143/TO253 and SC61A/SOT143R/SOT24. The reverse/A version was the only kind Toshia ever produced, but rival NEC did it in both flavours, long before Europeans got involved.

RL

Reply to
legg

It works for me.

Use this site if you can't reach a website you want:

I was having a lot of problems, till I changed my DNS server to Open DNS

Open DNS servers:

208.67.222.222 Main 208.67.220.220 Secondary
have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When was that? I have lived and worked in Europe. Right out of the chute I started designing in SMT-only back in the mid-80's, our company was an early adopter. A lot of the transistors, diodes and stuff came from Philips/Valvo and Siemens.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Semiconductor fab has been off-shore-oriented since before then, but SC-61 was Toshiba commodity in consumer products by the end of the

80's. Their drawings had a strange projection which look like a bottom view above a side view, but wasn't. So who was on first?

There were a number of unregistered 'leadless' parts that preceded sc59 or sc61 - one with four fold-under connections, two of which were wider, on one side, than the others.

RL

Reply to
legg

I've stuck a drawing up on A.B.S.E. of the unregistered predecessor to the SC61A.

RL

Reply to
legg

Mechanical engineers are compulsive about symmetry, which allows parts to be put in wrong, two or four different ways. DIP14 packages should never have been symmetric.

I have an optical assembly here that has indexing pins that align two sections rotationally before they can be bolted together. They engage at eight different positions, one of which is correct.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Bulk optics stuff is the same way. It's common to find lens elements that are nearly, but not quite, symmetrical, and which can be assembled backwards with no obvious problem...until final test.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Since a few years I ain't got no access to a.b.s.e. no more :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Great book, "The Hubble Wars", in which one mis-assembled test fixture has a starring role.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

ABSE is rarely used these days. Most people put images up on web sites, or photo sites, or Dropbox. It's mainly Jim's rants about broken furniture.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

RL

Reply to
legg

Hey Michael, Thanks for that! Everyone here just says it's the website that is down. My response of, "It's a huge f-ing semiconductor site, it's not going to be down for weeks!" falls on deaf ears.

Maybe I can get some action.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold