Did LTC also mess up their server now?

Ok, guys, does this link work for you?

It's supposed to be the datasheet of the LT1270 which might be needed on a project. Can't get the datasheet anymore. Did the script kiddies do them in, too, or is it just me? Firefox just says "done" and there is only a gray screen.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Works for me using OS/2 Seamonkey.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No problem here. Must be a problem there in Californica ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's working for me.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Works fine in Win98 and Opera 8.54

Mike

Reply to
Mike Monett

Hmm, still gray screen here. Carl had sent me the datasheet (thanks!), but it's weird that it works for you and Jim and Carl, not here. What kind of file is "...do?" anyhow? Some hotshot Java?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Wait, tomorrow after the inauguration yours might be gone, too ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Beats me, I have no clue why it doesn't work here. Mike even has it working on Win98. Enabled Java, JavaScript and all that, still nothing. I ran into such issues with Infineon lately but that wasn't a surprise. LTC is the first US company where I had it happen. I mean, why can't they simply put up a link that ends in *pdf like all the others?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Are you running Firefox with NoScript? Might have to partially allow the page ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Works for me, too. But sometimes I have problems with other webpages and then I just do something like this in Google:

LT1270 filetype:pdf site:linear.com

In this case looks like the extra term "site:linear.com" doesn't help, maybe because the Google search engine wasn't able to follow the links on the site, but without it, the first search result is a copy of the datasheet at Farnell's website.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

31,C1061,P1434,D1696

The first step of troubleshooting a Gecko problem is make a new, blank profile.

*-chrome=-*+try.a.new.profile+noncompatible.extension+zzz+*-all-my-*-*-*-accounts-se=tttings+create-a-new-chrome-folder+backup

Reply to
JeffM

Yep, Firefox. Java temporarily enabled, didn't help. It's IE centric and when firing up the LTC page it constantly asks me to allow Active-X. No Sir. What were they thinking? Or rather, were they thinking?

Oh well, went to National, found a part, done. Sorry LTC, too late. On to the next project.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

This results in 10 hits for the LTMagazine. They might have tasked some high faluting "web improvement team" that has managed to butcher their web site. Pretty sad. Tried IE after Joel suggested it to check out some other parts and after half a dozen Active-X warnings I hung up. With Infineon I have the same problem and in my case alone it has cost them dearly in sales. NXP also had that problem but they listened and fixed it. Infineon did not listen :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

*-chrome-*+try.a.new.profile+noncompatible.extension+zzz+*-all-my-*-*-*-accounts-setttings+create-a-new-chrome-folder+backup

Re-install stuff because a company managed to mess up their site? I don't think so. Why on earth could they not simply link to files ending in *.pdf like (almost) everyone else? The beauty of that ancient concept: It works in every browser.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Because scriptkiddies are idiots?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

1031,C1061,P1434,D1696

Joerg wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's not what I suggested. A "new" profile is an *additional* profile (another option). You can use it for the site with problems any time you go there (and customize it accordingly) or you can use it once and delete it. There is no reason your Default profile should be altered

--nor any other specialized profiles you have.

You won't find me arguing on the side of stupid Web developers. As calm and forgiving as you are, I'll bet my list of Web-related gripes is even longer than yours.

Reply to
JeffM

*-chrome-*+try.a.new.profile+noncompatible.extension+zzz+*-all-my-*-*-*-accounts-setttings+create-a-new-chrome-folder+backup

Ok, yeah, that may be an option. But LTC has very good competitors, so ...

When I find time I'll write to them though because other than their web designers it's a good company. And they gave us LTSpice. Got to be thankful here.

Mine is quite long, too. I just avoid web sites that are not conducive to productive design work and, sadly, yesterday one had to be added. I could bet that the combined loss in sales for the affected companies numbers in the seven digits by now. Mainly because a typical design isn't ever touched again if there aren't any production or materials management issues. Clients won't spend engineering Dollars on it if not necessary. I remember one sales rep on the brink of tears when I told him that it's too late.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No, they are probably very smart. But they seem unable to use their smarts in a productive way.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You must miss getting a lot of parts most appropriate to the task at hand... simply because you are web-inept ;-)

How many times is it now that you've complained of page problems and everyone else says, "Works for me"??

...Jim Thompson

Nope. Most of the stuff I design does not rely on boutique chips. Plenty of competition out there. I will not compromise security settings here because one company thinks that Active-X or whatever is absolutely required to view their stuff. In fact, some of my agreements prohibit me from doing that (NISPOM regulations) so it won't happen.

This is the first. The others (NXP, Infineon) were massively dissed on the web by others. NXP fixed it after bringing it up with upper management.