Smelly Power Supply

Depends how hungry s/he is, and how hungry the children are. There's probably a good reason why locusts are allowed (halal/kosher) food by Jewish and Muslim religions.

Jello is made from gross stuff like hides and bones of piggies and cows. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Haha! For any that watch the Travel Channel, Durian is the only Bizarre Food that has conquered Andrew Zimmern on two seperate occasions. That must be strong. ;-)

Tim

Tim Williams

Dust?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Lemons?

Hot dogs?

--
Keith
Reply to

Something has to replace BC's world famous pot growing. BC Hydro is now releasing power consumption info to fire and electrical inspectors. They (with a police officer) deliver a 48hr inspection notice for any place using an unusual amount of electrical power. Typically, the grow-op disappears before the inspection.

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Bingo, I think this is it. They didn't bake the transformer properly at the factory, and there is some varnish solvent left deep in the insulation. Maybe you need a dummy load for a while to finish the bake-out job.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

You must surely have been considered "in group" at that stage (as in taken a job with them or something). It is usually considered bad form to subject outsiders to food they really will (may) not like. OTOH engineers do have a certain sense of shared wicked humour.

I developed a taste for several Japanese delicacies that Westerners are not expected to eat. It made for some expensive and amusing encounters with friends of CEOs in their favourite local eateries. I lived in Ibaraki one of the nattou stongholds - picture of it at the bottom of:

Another good gambit is to say "please show me how to eat this". And then from the look on the lowest ranking employees face as he eats a bit you can judge in advance what sort of shock you are in for.

The only one I would not care to repeat ever was some kind of fermented sun dried rotten oily fish thing that ISTR was a specialty of the Izu peninsular - its name escapes me for the moment (maybe kusaya). Think Bombay Duck gone bad and you will not be too far off the mark.

That is very Japanese. Another one they can find unexpectedly tricky to eat is fudge - way way sweeter than anything on a Japanese menu.

The Japanese do make exceptionally good high quality chocolate though having learnt directly from the Portugese and Dutch explorers. (not the rancid rubbish of Hershey bars -real chocolate)

I doubt if this helps mend or fault find the OPs PSU. (but it may help engineers visiting Japan)

Regards, Martin Brown

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Martin Brown

We were working for the same employer, wearing the same company uniform etc., and we were hanging around with each other after work. I had been sent from the US to spend many months training them in some new (to them) technology.

That's a really great tip. Thanks!

Getting back to the smelly power supply, I would make a dummy load that puts it right at the rated limit on all rails and let it cook for a week or more in a well-ventalated area wwith a concrete floor and nothing that can catch fire near it.

Reply to
Guy Macon