small LCD displays

you

The same that the lawyers make in cases where someone poured hot coffee over themselves and then sued. Unfortunately. I don't like it that people are financially rewarded for their stupidity by a jury but that's the way it often is right now.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

you

What's your point?

;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yes. I think there is a gap in the market for a really small basic DMM, with well designed sensibly small leads/probes, as part of a 'minimum size' general purpose toolkit. Many (20?) years ago I got a pen type DMM by Pantec, and have yet to see anything smaller, despite subsequent improvements in technology ( cheap, low-power MCUs).

Reply to
Mike Harrison

designed sensibly small

anything smaller, despite

You can still buy small meters but it seems you can't buy them at higher prices and good quality. They range from $2.99 at Harborfreight to $25 or so for a small pen style. But then the inevitable happens. On my pen meter the slider switch is giving up because it just scrapes on the circuit board.

Those cheap Harborfreight meters are holding up surprisingly well so far. I took one apart to see how they did it and that's really the ultimate in cost reduction. It's always a learning experience. The only not so nice thing about them is the ugly pink/purple color.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg wrote:

The analogy you're missing is: To test something,

*you* build a system that had probes which had 1000V on them when 5V would easily do the task and 700 people who used it told you it was a stupid design.
*-Riba+sought.mediation+knew+over.700.people+skin.grafting+previous+hospitalized-*-*-*+seconds+two.days+has.since.lowered+mcds+tis+reduced-*-*+third-degree-*+above.140.degrees
's_coffee_case+180-*-*-*+gnu+*.*.*.*.*.*.700.reports.of.people.burnt+*-cause-*-third-degree-burn+501+in.two+inc+seconds+tax+*-should-never-be-*-hotter-than-140-*-*#Evidence_presented_to_the_jury
Reply to
JeffM

designed sensibly small

anything smaller, despite

Hmm, so far none of them broke. I bought five of the little meters. One was dead so they just sent another for free. The only downside is that your mailbox fills with all sorts of catalogs afterwards.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

designed sensibly small

anything smaller, despite

It's pronounced "Harbor Fright"

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I am in habit of clipping one clamp over the insulation sleeve of the other clamp whenever my jumper cable is off the battery (grab the wrist of your left hand with your right hand to see what I mean).

--
		Przemek Klosowski, Ph.D.
Reply to