ECO board mod spec?

Is there an IPC or some other body that makes a spec that details how to make mods to a board? We've got two pins of a LQFP-48 that need to be shorted together. Right now we just tossed an 0402 0R resistor across these pins and soldered it there.

This is for a product that stays on someone's desk. No corrosive gases, vibration, shock, etc... not more than a normal product would see, eg iPod or whatever.

I know there are rework specs, but are there any ECO specs?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Last time I needed to do that, I specified a blob of solder.

John

Solder-sucker braid is a nice "fix-all" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Damn; no wonder all those solder bridges I have been "fixing" didn't help! So much for solder wick.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Damn; no wonder all those solder bridges I have been "fixing" didn't help! So much for solder wick.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

The only "spec" I know of is what makes the customer happy, in a case like this. I'm sure there are ISO "guidelines" or something, but the spec itself should be written by the company's engineers/techs, and signed off by the same guy who signs off on the P.O.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise