Small HV relay >5kV?

You left a few out but I'll add to one..

Gas Discharge tube.

But it's all moot any incase, he didn't want suppression.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

The more I read the more I start to think making your own would be an option to explore.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Only if I really, really have to. In that case I might just plop down the big fat and expensive Meder-HE and call it a day. But there ought to be something better, I can't imagine that there is no market for this.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Reading your post, I'm not sure the available energy in the 5KV pulses is specified. If it's significant then the situation becomes a bit less trivial.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

needs to pass a 1V signal.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

Theoretically there could be an amp or so flowing. It's from a defibrillator where the energy is from a 30uF cap that was charged to

5kV and then discharges via a huge inductor for pulse shaping. But only a fraction of this energy would ever travel the path of our equipment. Also, the energy doesn't really matter because the relay will be open at this point in time. It just has to withstand up to 5kV with open contacts.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

In other words, this relay is literally so the instrument can hold up its hands and yell "CLEAR!" :-)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com