Slightly OT: Solenoid on kubota diesel mower

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted here, though I do read the group everyday.

We have a problem at work that someone here may be able to help with. I need a circuit to shut of the diesel fuel to the engine when the key is turned off as the original module is fried and too expensive to replace as an original part.

I am thinking I will need something like a 555 timer circuit that will energise a relay for about

10 - 15 seconds to allow the engine to totally wind down.

Any ideas or pointers will be most appreciated\

Cheers and thanks in advance

Tony..

Reply to
Tony Leathem

Why do you need to supply fuel after the key is turned off? To stop a diesel you stop the fuel supply or in some unusual cases stop the air.

Waz

Reply to
woneill

I think I explained this here. Shut off fuel to the engine

Reply to
Tony Leathem

Then why on Earth do you want to put a timer on it???

Why not use a "line locker solenoid" which are readily available for brake lines in between the lift and injector pump. Ignition on = flow, Ignition off = no flow.

BTW *IF* you really want to use a timer just grab an "El Cheapo" turbo timer, they are everywhere.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT