Size is important

Well, I found this in a cookery newsgroup, they seem to have the similar problems to SED

If you want to narrow down the cause, please:

Post the formula you are using. (I know you told us the book and the recipe name, but we don't all have that book. So please copy the ingredient list.)

Tell us what method you are using.

Tell us whether you are using cups and spoons or weights to measure ingredients.

Tell us what brand (company and product name) of flour or flours you are using.

Tell us whether you are using a thermometer to check water temperature and dough temperature and, if so, what water temperature you are using and what dough temperature you are achieving.

Tell us how you are managing the stand mixer (are you timing it? what brand and model is it? what speed setting are you using?)

Are you timing the fermentation (first rise) or judging it by touch?

Are you timing the final rise (proof) or judging it by touch?

Is your kitchen air conditioned?

The more questions you answer, the easier it will be to diagnose the problem.

And the "size" thing.......

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Been baking your own bread ?

I see you're using Imperial measure to appease the Americans btw ! ;~)

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The spanish / factory bread is not that good, but when they have an old lady doing one batch a day in little village, it can be wonderful.

yep bought a breadmaker, yum.

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

All that, for making bread? It's a couple of cups of flour, some water, and some yeast. Just add flour or water until the dough is the right consistency, knead it properly, let it rise, knead it again, let it rise again, and bake it until it's done.

The secret is in the kneading. ;-)

Cheers! RIch

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nah, just pointing out that SED isn't the only usenet group that doesnt employ fully paid up mindreaders

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Mah stomach has a pow'ful knead...