Simulation Device... Keyed Peak Detector

I want to build an ideal device for use in PSpice simulations, a Keyed Peak Detector...

Finds the maximum peak value of an input voltage while it's enabled ("keyed"), and "dumps"/outputs zero when not enabled.

Any ideas?

(Ideal elements)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Ask someone at IPCC. They'll find every peak even if it ain't there :-)

SCNR.

Aside from math, can't you use a buffer with (near) zero Zout, an ideal diode, a wee cap? Then when it's keyed off use a FET with 1 femto-ohm Rdson to short out the cap.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Except that ideal diodes tend not to converge. I'm looking for some mathematical method that is "smooth" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Maybe you can start with this scenario:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Jim Thompson a écrit :

A limited high gain VCVS used as "comparator", a smooth tanh switch and a zero soakage cap?

Don't know if the two first exist in PSPICE.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

In SPICE one can simulate a deliciuous meal that has almost zero calories, no fat and will not add one gram of weight to your body. Then when you actually cook and eat it the cholesterol shoots way up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Great minds think alike ;-)

I'm working along the lines of a VCCS with the current that is offset TANH, for good convergence.

...Jim Thompson

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic Subject: TANH Rectifier (From SED) - TANH-Rectifier.pdf Message-ID:

...Jim Thompson

!@#$%&*

Right under my nose... built-in macros ENVMAX and ENVMIN :-(

...Jim Thompson