Basic Stamp Question

The OTP ROM is programmed with a token intepreter. It cannot be reprogrammed. The tokens are stored in an external serial EEPROM. The PC software converts the BASIC program into tokens, which are then downloaded and stored in the SEEPROM.

An unprogrammed MCU will not work. You can probably buy chips with their proprietary program from the maker (Parallax?). Naturally, they will have protected their program so you cannot simply copy it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Is the PIC16C57C-20/PIC16C57 in the Basic Stamp 2 the same as any other PIC16C57C-20? Or is its ROM programmed in some way to interpret PBASIC code?

Thanks, xatapu

Reply to
Xatapu

The stamp is interpreted in the PIC as far as I know. this means, there is a base program in the PIC that is reading your stamp program. (BASIC) most likely.

It's the slow way out and limited how ever, for basic (Very basic) it's fine and having all the components on a ready made module is nice. I do think you can rewrite the boot loader and use your own asm/C code from start in the processor.

"

Reply to
Jamie