Re: Simulation Device... Keyed Peak Detector

>>I want to build an ideal device for use in PSpice simulations, a Keyed >>Peak Detector... >> >>Finds the maximum peak value of an input voltage while it's enabled >>("keyed"), and "dumps"/outputs zero when not enabled. >> >>Any ideas? >> >>(Ideal elements) >> >> ...Jim Thompson > >!@#$%&* > >Right under my nose... built-in macros ENVMAX and ENVMIN :-( > > ...Jim Thompson

That may or may not be PSpice specific. I thought about it some. Start with a "standard" track and hold, add a fast comparator to convert to a peak and hold (two if you want both peaks). Add some enable circuitry to handle any ADC converter setup and hold times and data transfer as needed.. Did something like this about 20 years ago for what was then Hughes EDSG. Location of the analog / digital boundary is engineer choice.

Reply to
JosephKK

I created an ideal diode with a TANH smoothness _ before_ I stumbled onto the macro... produces the same results, but slower in simulation.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Maybe you could post example circuits on your website. Preferably LTSpice circuits as well.

Reply to
JosephKK

I believe Mikey said that LTspice can read in PSpice schematics??

I'll post it later.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Posted at...

Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic Subject: For sci.electronics.cad Question - PeakDetAndDump.pdf Message-ID:

Took awhile. We had one of those "events" last night. Wife got an enormous nosebleed. Finally convinced her we needed to take her to an Urgent Care provider. Cauterization didn't work, so they inserted a balloon-like inflatable device (they called it a "rocket" :-) up her nose, and we went back 3.5 hours later and they removed it... bleeding stopped.