Simple problem: 0.20 V drop

New and improved 0.2V Dropper circuit at....

Many parts, but textbook performance.

Maybe could be built compact enough with surface mount parts?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Without thinking too much... Can the complementary cct be made with NPN transistors and then a 5 transistor array IC like LM3046 be used?

How about using the 200mV precision bandgap in the LT1635 op amp/reference IC.. Maybe just buffer the reference with the on board op amp. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I don't know. The OP's request was for a 0.2V DROP _down_ from +1.55V

Might work. I'll have to try it.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

See.....

Where I did both a "dropper" version and a "regulator" version.

Looks like the LT1635 is struggling at VDD = +1.55V and Tamb = 50°C.