Silly: lighting a LED with daylight: :-)

Solar cells came today: Silly: lighting a LED with daylight:

Jan Panteltje

AGREED !!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

On a sunny day (Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:45:49 +0800) it happened Rheilly Phoull wrote in :

But those cells are only .5 V ;-) (6 A though).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" schreef in bericht news:k5jivb$a9o$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

Elektor published a schematic many, many years ago :)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You should try a power PHEMT instead of all those jfets. Some parts have Idss of a couple of amps, and the transconductance is amazing, measured in Siemens, not mS.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

On a sunny day (Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:45:56 +0200) it happened "petrus bitbyter" wrote in :

I used to read that magazine, called 'Elektuur' here, long time ago. Had some funny projects, and I used some of their ideas in my job too. Does it still exist? Internet is so much a better resource these days, and free.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" schreef in bericht news:k5li8i$r18$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

It's still there though the name of the Dutch version has been changed to "Elektor" some four years ago. Last thing I made was "Coil clinic" as I was interested in measuring coils at the time. But IMHO it was a typical one off design. Better and cheaper designs on the internet although they also are not very accurate. Learned me the truth about the saying that you should measure coils at the frequency you want to use them.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter