Silk Road

We took a hike in Glen Canyon and needed a beer. GPS is our closest dive bar and they set up a "parklet" outside in the street during the virus panic, and you can still take a beer outside and drink it there. The construction is suitably shoddy, sort of a dive parklet.

The store is the Canyon Market, which bakes wonderful bread. Above that is the Glen Park Public Library, where the Silk Road guy ran his empire over the library's wifi, and where he was arrested.

jlarkin

CooL !

Reply to
boB

Marginally interesting, but definitely off-topic.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

"Ulbricht stated that his actions through Silk Road were committed through libertarian idealism and that "Silk Road was supposed to be about giving people the freedom to make their own choices" and admitted that he made a "terrible mistake" that "ruined his life."

"I mistakenly tried to hire hitmen to execute six people" lol he does sound like a fashion of libertarian

Reply to
bitrex

It looks nice, not shoddy at all. Is that Wells Fargo for real?

Places like this keep the rent low so most of what you pay goes to the business and not some gouging real estate investment corporation.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

It's an ATM.

It's the bar and its parklet (where I took the pic from) that are shoddy. GPS, Glen Park Station, is our treasured, very downscale, suitably smelling dive bar.

The rent of Canyon Market is enormous (I know one of the owners) and so are the prices. Like $80 a pound for some exotic cheese, $27 for salmon. But the stuff is awfully good. The home-made bread and soups and burger meat are great. Not the place to buy paper towels or cat food. I think they sell about $1e6 a month.

What impresses me is that some script kiddie with a laptop and a chair at a little public library can become a Master Criminal.

jlarkin