Can we make our own PCB?

Hello...

I'd like to ask whether we can make our own PCB. Is there any tools to make it? Is it hard to make it? Usually I just use the DIY kit which the PCB is already printed. Please help. Thank you.

Get the electronic circuits at:

harore

yeah, use laser printer onto some ink jet photo paper or mag paper with the shinny coating on it. after printing, iron it on, release with water after cooling. throw in etching for a bit, until all unwanted copper is removed. rinse under water and dry.. you have your board. P.S. it's wise to spray the board with a coating to prevent oxidation. I use to have the crap they use in copper wire drawing to keep the copper from oxidizing! i don't have any more and i am not sure what it is exactly.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Have a look at

and

g.knott

You can make simple boards by hand-drawing on copper-clad board and, drilling with a dental bur in a Dremel tool, and etching in ferric chloride. Full details at

including some surprising tips that most writers don't seem to know about... like *diluting* the etchant to increase etching speed.

Best regards,

Bob Masta dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator

Reply to
Bob Masta

Speaking of copper clad board, I have a bunch here "surplus" to my needs. I've yet to determine a good selling price though. Some single sided and I "believe" double sided as well. Much larger pieces than your average Radio Shack kit provides. These boards are longer than wider - but still good size for most projects. I can provide some sample sizes - if anyone is interested.

You can e-mail to the "web" site address (removing spam blockers of course):

3ws dot c l f u r e n t dot c o m
Reply to
Radiosrfun

Ah. A question that has never been asked here before.

Absolutely not.

Define "hard".

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:kgpxIleULboJ:
"Plated-thru holes" is what beginners have to think about first and always. Search for "Copperset" on Mike Harrison's **electricstuff** page.

...and you can't use ordinary materials to DIY.

't-use-*-steel-wool+JetPrint+darkest-*-settings+pinholes+zzz+stabilize+acetone+detergent+*-*-sheet-of-regular-paper-*-*-*-*-*+edge+toothbrush+clothes-iron+removal-problems+long-soaks+hot-water+180-*+toner-transfer
. . Since you are already at Google Groups, you should learn to use the search engine there. Most topics have been covered in depth MANY times before.

JeffM

there's a number of different ways to do it

the trickiest part will probably be drilling the holes, unless you already have a suitable drillpress.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

WOW! Thanks u guys. I've never thought I can really make my own PCB. All of the reply u guys gave really help me a lot. Now, I just need my Sharpie sketching the cooper board and get the etchant flowing.

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
harore