sewage plant tour

True, but even there people who are admitted into hospitals aren't there because they're healthy and often have compromised immune systems.

OTOH, when I was in the hospital last year, my wife caught bronchitis (then gave it to me as soon as we got home).

Ouch. A coworker for a staph infection when he had gall bladder surgery. Pretty much messed him up for a while. I got a pneumonia shot before I went into the hospital. Figured it was worth it as insurance. The bladder infection is odd, though. That tells me that her immune system was compromised before.

Reply to
krw

Bladder infection = catheter + critters + non-sterile technique.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You are not mine and never will be.

Reply to
John S

Neat! Thanks.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

So you're one of those, a message editor..

Your kind is part of the problem.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Gotcha. I was missing the catheter part.

Reply to
krw

You're not missing it, trust me! :)

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

It's to be noted that it does that by /prevention/- you know that same strategy built into the new PPACA (Obmacare) mandatory free coverage, really works miracles.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Oh, I was there (nine months ago, tomorrow actually). Up until now, I've done a pretty good job of forgetting it, though. ;-)

Reply to
krw

We just did the tour of the huge southeast wastewater treatment plant...

Having toured the sewers of Paris, this was a lot better (and a lot less smelly.) I forgot my camera, but Mo took some phone pix and I'll try to get them. Urban infrastructure is interesting.

The plant is cool, super clean and organized, barely a spec of rust visible anywhere. The older buildings are industrial Art Deco, full of doodads and glass bricks and cream and peach colors.

It's been noted that sewage treatment has saved more lives than medicine.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Shaun

And high deductables discourage prevention.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Sounds like the start of a Shitty Day!

Shaun

There was one guy in the group who broke out in hyena-level shrieking laughter any time human body functions were mentioned. HE was gross.

Why do some people get crazy when certain parts of human chemistry are mentioned?

ps- if you post after my sigfile, your post gets lost.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

More people are forgoing needed care today than ever.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Cost reduction in action.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

There is no charge for preventative testing, deductibles don't apply.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

strategy built into the new PPACA (Obmacare) mandatory free coverage, real ly works miracles.

Uh-huh, biggest increase of people putting off treatment was in upper incom e group, less lower income people than ever are putting it off, middle inco me are staying the same. And they should be titling the result with "percei ved cost" and not just "cost" because the majority have no idea what it act ually is.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 8:40:33 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

ote:

me strategy built into the new PPACA (Obmacare) mandatory free coverage, re ally works miracles.

spx

ome group, less lower income people than ever are putting it off, middle in come are staying the same. And they should be titling the result with "perc eived cost" and not just "cost" because the majority have no idea what it a ctually is.

"However, the percentage of Americans with private health insurance who rep ort putting off medical treatment because of cost has increased from 25% in 2013 to 34% in 2014."

Now *that's* affordable!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 8:55:08 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote :

e:

same strategy built into the new PPACA (Obmacare) mandatory free coverage, really works miracles.

.aspx

ncome group, less lower income people than ever are putting it off, middle income are staying the same. And they should be titling the result with "pe rceived cost" and not just "cost" because the majority have no idea what it actually is.

eport putting off medical treatment because of cost has increased from 25% in 2013 to 34% in 2014."

"Variation in the pricing for medical treatments, not to mention difference s in how much insurance plans cover, could be confusing Americans or making them fear a needed treatment is too expensive. And while the costs of medi cal procedures aren't rising as rapidly as they once were, it is still too early to tell if that is an effect of the Affordable Care Act and how price s may change in the future."

Reading comprehension is not one of your strong points. Just because survey participants SAY cost is their reason, it doesn't mean their decision is s ound or based on fact. Go live in Africa or someplace where hysteria rules why don't you.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 9:44:43 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

te:

:

ote:

t same strategy built into the new PPACA (Obmacare) mandatory free coverage , really works miracles.

re.aspx

income group, less lower income people than ever are putting it off, middl e income are staying the same. And they should be titling the result with " perceived cost" and not just "cost" because the majority have no idea what it actually is.

report putting off medical treatment because of cost has increased from 25 % in 2013 to 34% in 2014."

ces in how much insurance plans cover, could be confusing Americans or maki ng them fear a needed treatment is too expensive. And while the costs of me dical procedures aren't rising as rapidly as they once were, it is still to o early to tell if that is an effect of the Affordable Care Act and how pri ces may change in the future."

ey participants SAY cost is their reason, it doesn't mean their decision is sound or based on fact. Go live in Africa or someplace where hysteria rule s why don't you.

I'm trying to keep it simple for your benefit. Obamacare inherently costs a lot more. It's less efficient, adds middlemen, taxes, and overhead, adds perverse incentives, removes free-market price feedbacks, adds lots of peop le who don't pay (who are subsidized by those who do), encourages overconsumpt ion, and adds costly mostly useless features.

That's basic stuff, but I don't expect you to understand it. The law's complicated and boring--it's easier just to believe what the Most Honest President says no matter how counter-factual.

Since you won't understand the above, it's easier just to cite the empirica l evidence.

"DOI found that premiums for individuals increased by between 22% and 88% i n 2014 (Aliferis, "State of Health," KQED, 7/29).

[Democrat California Dept. of Insurance Commissioner Dave] Jones said the largest increases were among younger individuals. For instance, 25-year-old s in Los Angeles County paid 52% more for a silver plan in 2014 than they did for a similar plan in 2013, compared with 55-year-olds in that area who pai d 38% more for such a plan in 2014.

However, Jones noted that the increases did not affect low-income individua ls, since they largely received extensive subsidies for health plans throug h the ACA (Los Angeles Times, 7/29)."

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

So, you haven't embarrassed yourself enough yet?

Okay, here is what you posted:

Precisely. I identified YOU.

But, you are not mine and I refuse your advances to be mine.

You are disgusting and not worthy of the air you breathe. You are a burden on the Earth's resources.

Reply to
John S